Hope and Glory Festival Liverpool

kevd108

• 1 month later...

Yep, we off this year.  My missus said she couldnt be arsed doing a festival this year.  Being our first year in 8-9 without a camping festival it came up as a great alternative.  Not sure it can match up to the feeling of being on another planet at a camping festival.  But great line up for a debut festival and only 20 mins by train from home... Winner.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly went to this and looks like I dodged a bullet. Gutted for everyone who has spent a lot of time and money staying up there.

looks like yesterday was horribly overcrowded and a total shambles and after getting some stick on twitter the "organisers" have canned day two.

Not a good week or so for festivals after Y-Not. AEG and Festival Republic get some stick but at least they can deliver the events! 

Sounds like a proper mess. 

How could they possibly misjudge things that badly? I appreciate it was their first festival, but they would have had to adhere and get guidance from the police and the council. 

It sounds as of there was loads of duplicate tickets.

It seems like the promoter of Hope And Glory doesn't have a particularly great past history either. There's some stuff online about disputes with him and the Isle of Man government about some concerts he promoted and a financial dispute and he was also involved in Down to the Woods 2016 which was cancelled before the event. I believe he also put on a Tom Jones concert in Alnwick that had to be cut short and there were complaints about.

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Their Twitter feed is amazing. Telling Tim Booth to go back to his Yoga and cracking jokes like nothings happened.

Absolute shower of bastards.

They're also shirking all responsibility. Some tweeted to them that it was their fault and they responded "not our fault".

I'm sure that appeases all the people who had tickets for the event.

The guy who is responsible (Lee O'Hanlon) appears to have made a career of blaming others when things go wrong. 

I really can't see how he can't take responsibility for this one though. To give an idea of his mindset though he's already been attacking Liverpool Council for giving artist's food for the cancelled event to a homeless charity. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/hope-glory-music-fans-refunds-13440168.amp

This statement doesn't surprise me at all. They clearly aren't using an experienced PR person / team. It's like O'Hanlon is writing the statement himself.

In summary: 

1. We take responsibility but actually we're blaming others and here are their names.

2. We don't really give a toss about the punters. We've told you to contact the ticket agents about getting your refunds, and have ignored all the messages that are reporting that the agents are stating that the responsibility for refunds is the Festival direct.

3. What we really care about is some food and drink that someone else has taken from us.

• Upvote 2