Any way still to get in - pretty much entirely theoretical

thazlewood

Hi all

A mostly (alright, pretty much entirely theoretical) question but if you found yourself right-here, right-now with the time off work, available  money and the freedom to pursue any means possible of getting into Glasto at this extremely late stage, are there ANY open? 

I'm fully prepared for a mix of mocking and the odd far-fetched response (up to and including equipping myself with a few twix bars, camo gear and then going on a ninja-like mission) but hoping for any legitimate suggestions (including ridiculously priced glamping options, ANY kind of work, bribery, ANYTHING really!!). I'd spend 8 hours per day on the toilet cleaning crew if I could be there... seriously nothing would deter me! 

The backstory, should it be of any interest... not missed Glasto other than willingly since 2003... missed out on tickets in each and every round this time... it's come down to resales a few times. Last year managed tickets for me and my wife in the secret May resale and think I must have burned out the last of my ticket buying karma.

This year, all signs seem to point to maximising my torment... my work contract was ended early by my client and I now finish work on Wednesday. I've found a new contract which won't start til July and as such have the time off too! In a further bizarre twist, the recruitment agent who got me the job has a long standing free ticket for working as info crew at Glasto... and yes I asked if he could help out!!

Anyway, would welcome anything anyone can suggest! 

So happy for all of you who are gonna be there... needless to say you're going to have an absolute blast! 

Have a great day all

Toby

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bribing dodgy security crew seems to be the most successful option, but I've no idea how you'd go about it, especially this year when presumably things will be extra tight.

The other option is just walk in with no fucks given. Some people can get away with this sort of brazen action, 99% of people can't. 

Personally if I was in your position I wouldnt bother. 10-15 years ago I would, but not now. It's just not good enough to go to extreme lengths to get in these days. Spend your money on a nice foreign holiday.

Edited by russycarps

HiVi, walk up and down the ticket queue with a Megaphone, shouting out commands like 'please prepare you ID and Tickets for inspection etc. Hang about infront of ticket checking line doing the same for the 10mins or so until everyone is familiar with your presence. Walk in like a boss.

I wouldn't do it though, don't have the balls.

5 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

HiVi, walk up and down the ticket queue with a Megaphone, shouting out commands like 'please prepare you ID and Tickets for inspection etc. Hang about infront of ticket checking line doing the same for the 10mins or so until everyone is familiar with your presence. Walk in like a boss.

I wouldn't do it though, don't have the balls.

This is how s**t is done !

Find a green t-shirt and get Paramedic printed on the back. You could then run down the length of the queue with your "medical bag" and straight through the gate.

Obviously not a serious way to get in but it's interesting to note that impersonating a paramedic isn't a criminal offence unlike impersonating a police officer although a quick radio call will soon scupper your plans to get in when they realise there isn't a medical emergency beyond the gate and will already have suitable medical cover in those areas anyway.

By now, your options are probably limited to:

- scouring twitter, facebook etc for leads on ways in

- going down on thurs/fri with a light pack of essentials, hanging around in Glastonbury town or Shepton Mallet and asking around 

- getting mates inside the festival to ask 'likely looking lads' around the stone circle etc for any leads on ways in

- ninja mission, twix etc

- run straight through the gate, death or glory (i've seen this done at gate C)

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've seen that done twice now, in different years.  Landed up the south end both times. It's not the cleverest way to get in as you're highly visible. Security were on them before they could unfasten themselves. 

feel that anyone who takes this route should be allowed to stay in a "you know what mate, fair enough" kind of way

A cousin of mine has managed every festival since 2011 by waiting till Friday and going in with a trader who is topping up suppliers. Hide in the back and paid the trader for his troubles.It does mean they go in with a small backpack and ask friends to set up their tent and take their extras. 

I've seen people just walking in etc. I've also seen this fail. 

2015 I was sat up by the stone Circle and some dude paraglided in, no shit. Had one of those massive fans propelling him and everything. This was the first time I realised how many plain clothed security there are around. About 5 people all nabbed him and dragged him off.