The 'Journey to Glastonbury 2017' thread.

Ommadawn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Safe travels everyone. Just a cautionary note for those traveling by train through South Gloucestershire. My daughter was tavelling to Bristol today (from Cheltenham) and had her journey disrupted because the heat had buckled the railway lines!

They did get underway via a diversion and not too delayed thankfully.

9 minutes ago, OneLittleFish said:

Soon as I've had a few beers and lost the bus the last few miles will be like this:

c93.gif

Bus was so slow last year, I was able to get off it, have a sit in McDonalds, then two pints of cider in a pub, and then get back on it 200 yards further up the road.

16 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

Leaving Calgary tomorrow night and will arrive in London at 11:50 a.m. Tuesday. If all goes well. :) A stay overnight in a hotel nearby and I take the National Express at 6:00 a.m. from Heathrow to Glastonbury which should arrive at around 9:30 a.m.!

:lol: I think my friend who is coming is on the same flight 

11 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Landed at Birmingham Friday at 7 am after a 27 hour flight from NZ, chilling with. Family and friends before a 5.45 See Cosch Thursday morning :blink:

Another one from NZ. I left Auckland on Wednesday and arrived in London on Thursday morning. I don't like the fact I'm getting used to these 24+ hr journeys.

Set off from 10am Wednesday from Burnley, pick up in Rossendale drive round manchester to the M6. Hopefully the traffic Gods are kind!

still undecided whether to come off the M5 and go through Bristol and the a37 or carrying on further down the M5 for a39...?

Just want to get there for the fireworks this year

Finishing work tomorrow at 15:30, getting dropped off at Andover Station to catch my 5pm train. I will be heading to Bristol Parkway via two changes. Picked up at Bristol by my friend. Off to a pub for a meal somewhere around Bristol followed by a wander round Tesco collecting all the small things. 

By that point, we will then head to glastonbury, park up, have a beer or 2, sleep. Up at 5/6 to join the queue.

43 minutes ago, Ollie7490 said:

Another one from NZ. I left Auckland on Wednesday and arrived in London on Thursday morning. I don't like the fact I'm getting used to these 24+ hr journeys.

Are you based near Auckland or did you have to travel from further afield? Luckily we were just a 30 minute taxi ride out. The one stop flights make it a little easier these days, but we had a little wobble last week when I found Qatar airways changed our flight details! Added a whole 10 minutes to the first leg  much to my relief.

Not setting off until Friday morning as we have a 10 month old and this will be our first weekend away from him ! Set to leave at 7am and hope to be there for around midday, ready to have some baby free fun :) hoping that Friday traffic will be minimal?! 

36 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Are you based near Auckland or did you have to travel from further afield? Luckily we were just a 30 minute taxi ride out. The one stop flights make it a little easier these days, but we had a little wobble last week when I found Qatar airways changed our flight details! Added a whole 10 minutes to the first leg  much to my relief.

Living in Auckland as well, pretty central-ish. I had the same thing with Qatar. Think I may stick with the 17hr flight moving forward, found it relatively easy and found the planes to be more comfortable than others previously. Hard to complain for $1500 rtn.

We're getting the 8:00 train from Glasgow to Southampton (via Wolverhampton) this morning, which should get us down for about 14:00-ish. Then it's last minute supplies followed by a pub crawl of the craft ale pubs.

See tickets bus tomorrow at 10:00 and on site hopefully early afternoon. Not taking smartphone so will miss all the chat on here but thankfully can pick up a copy of Somerset Live to see all the speculation reported as news.