Is it time to say "it's too hot"

EasyUserName

I'll be stocked up on sun cream, will take my hat for instant shade, plan on using the Glade, Spike and the Wood a little more. Looking forward to some good ground to enjoy the whole of the festival this year. I think my water bottle will be my most essential piece of equipment.

On a serious note, just take it easy, always have water on you and wear a hat. If you are not near an obvious shady spot such as the Wood, look for the shadowy side of the tents for some respite from the sun. This is gearing up to be a 2010-esque year, and yes the heat can be overbearing at times, but just be sensible and you will be fine.

9 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

After last years rain, no rain is a blessing, right?

Is it time to say I'm a bit scared about the heat? I recall 2010 - no shade, not being able to sleep after 0800.

Is some middle ground too much to ask for!? Why can't it be a bit cloudy and 18 deg. for a week?

pcvss.jpg

10 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

After last years rain, no rain is a blessing, right?

Is it time to say I'm a bit scared about the heat? I recall 2010 - no shade, not being able to sleep after 0800.

Is some middle ground too much to ask for!? Why can't it be a bit cloudy and 18 deg. for a week?

I hear you! 2010 was hard going, 18 and cloudy is the dream for me too..surely anyone who was there in 2010 remembers how hard it was. Ace you can sit down anywhere though (apart from at the brothers bar where everyone must have been eating noodles and leaving them on the grass!) but really I don't care what the weather does - just delighted I am going. Factor 50 and wellies packed!! Cant wait

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not really.  Literally (often) a walk in The Park.

I like the sun, but there was no shade, as someone else mentioned, people were collapsing with the heat. was too much for me, felt like I was melting during the day, don't get me wrong I loved it, but 18degrees and cloud cover is perfect for me, can still wear me runners, sit down anywhere, but not melt.

14 minutes ago, Perks said:

I like the sun, but there was no shade, as someone else mentioned, people were collapsing with the heat. was too much for me, felt like I was melting during the day, don't get me wrong I loved it, but 18degrees and cloud cover is perfect for me, can still wear me runners, sit down anywhere, but not melt.

loose fitting shirt, hat, water.

done.

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Folk collapsing with heatstroke in 2010 is like watching the Pistols at the 100 Club or Oasis at King Tuts.  Nowhere near the numbers claimed.  

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Folk collapsing with heatstroke in 2010 is like watching the Pistols at the 100 Club or Oasis at King Tuts.  Nowhere near the numbers claimed.  

ha, suppose, but the fact that I saw it happen to 2 people, is enough for me. Just no shade I found was the issue. Don't get me wrong I love it, but I feel I cope better in the lower temperatures at Glastonbury. I'll still be buzzing, cant wait. whatever the weather. Just get me there now

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some of the latest forecasting models are now showing potential record breaking temperatures on the wednesday, so that would make it even hotter than 2010.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Then folk should dress appropriately and take precautions.  

2010 genuinely wasn't that hot.  Just beautiful summer days - not the searing, once in a lifetime sort of heat that creates casualties left right and centre.

Well I was at the Gorillaz festival in Margate last week. It was a very hot day, though not as hot as it is today, and security was pulling people who had fainted/weren't feeling well out of the crowd every few minutes. And that was just a one dayer - they hadn't been out in it all weekend.

I had a funny turn watching Hypnotic Brass Ensemble on the Park in 2010 and had to be taken to lie down... I was only in my late teens then. I could probably deal with it better now - but point is - it happens

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Oh, it undoubtedly happens.  It's (mostly) preventable, though - and thankfully it's rarely that serious.

Yeah everyone I saw get taken out at the Gorillaz thing seemed to be fine later in the evening, though of course it sucks to miss something you wanted to see