Packing Light or Wheelbarrow

Fizzogg

Anyone still filling wheelbarrows or running 2 or 3 trips ?

I plan on filling barrow to the brim rucksacks etc 

and getting done over once by security rather than several trips and getting done each time (estimate 30 mins once plus repack of course) better time wasted on the way in on a single trip 

I will as usual go back for extra gas canisters, beer and any other chilled goods

14 minutes ago, Fizzogg said:

Anyone still filling wheelbarrows or running 2 or 3 trips ?

I plan on filling barrow to the brim rucksacks etc 

and getting done over once by security rather than several trips and getting done each time (estimate 30 mins once plus repack of course) better time wasted on the way in on a single trip 

I will as usual go back for extra gas canisters, beer and any other chilled goods

I have, historically, brought way too much stuff every time I've been to the festival. So, this year, I am going to streamline things a whole lot more. I really don't want to be bringing stuff back to the car that I haven't needed to use. That said, I'll be bringing what I need in on a fishing trolley. I would have liked  to just put it in a rucksack  and carry my tent in my hand. I can't do this though because my back screeches out in pain when I carry something using my back muscles (or lack  of them). I think I'm going to be better off with my trolley, but am not certain. 

Same here, never take loads but can't carry it all so put my tent, chair and a holdall full of drinks n nibbles on a fishing trolley. Will be in the queue about 5am so don't want to have to come back out again for a 2nd trip, would rather wait and get it all done in one go. Will put my chair on top and keep a few ins of JD n Coke (yes and water!) handy so I can get comfy while we wait. 

Bought a trolley this year to ease the burden. This was pre "pack light" advice but am going to use it anyway as I think going in and out over the first 24 hours might be troublesome. Reckon I'll get booze, a couple of chairs and tent on this so will then just have my rucksack on my back.

gone for one of these

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyZjKBRDuARIsAKWQRbjcGtj5MLH_5Rv2qwfrWU9IzUWvaK8nzoQHiP6c5vC28i3hK_iDMKAaAjpWEALw_wcB

We've got no choice but to bring a trolley as our tent is too heavy to carry. That aside it'll be one pack each.

We always pack fairly light as I hate doing 2 trips to the car. Once I'm in I don't like to go back through the gate until Monday morning!

Arriving 2ish on Wednesday, fingers crossed the queues aren't too horrific but what will be will be.

I'm not supposed to carry heavy loads for long periods so I've been using a B&Q trolley for years. When I'm dragging/pushing it uphill though I'm pretty sure the extra weight is more of a burden than a help.

Aiming for rucksack on trolley with sleeping bag and tent looped over the trolleys handles. Not sure what I'm going to do with the camping chair though.

And I will be cellophaning up should it need it.

43 minutes ago, saintfletch said:

Bought a trolley this year to ease the burden. This was pre "pack light" advice but am going to use it anyway as I think going in and out over the first 24 hours might be troublesome. Reckon I'll get booze, a couple of chairs and tent on this so will then just have my rucksack on my back.

gone for one of these

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-garden-mesh-cart?istCompanyId=bf3344d9-83f5-4abd-b69a-da131f7567d1&istItemId=pttatiwmx&istBid=tzma&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyZjKBRDuARIsAKWQRbjcGtj5MLH_5Rv2qwfrWU9IzUWvaK8nzoQHiP6c5vC28i3hK_iDMKAaAjpWEALw_wcB

Have that exact one. Just be careful with how high you stack it as you are pulling it over a lot of uneven ground. Mine decided to capsize in 2015 when approaching gate A and it was only stacked about 6 inches above the rail. 

2 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Have that exact one. Just be careful with how high you stack it as you are pulling it over a lot of uneven ground. Mine decided to capsize in 2015 when approaching gate A and it was only stacked about 6 inches above the rail. 

Great advice, cheers. Got some bungee cords but won't be tempting fate.

IMG_0088.JPG