Cooling Down Your Tins

Tuna

Well it's gonna be a fucking scorcher, so lads and lasses, how are you keeping your ciders chilly?

Never had much luck with the old tins under the tent trick. Might be requiring some sort of towel/bucket scenario.

Teach me your ways.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Well it's gonna be a fucking scorcher, so lads and lasses, how are you keeping your ciders chilly?

Never had much luck with the old tins under the tent trick. Might be requiring some sort of towel/bucket scenario.

Teach me your ways.

Not bringing any this year but in the past I've just left mine in the cardboard crate they come in and they've stayed pretty damn cool throughout the festival. Obviously not all cans come in those crates which nixes this idea, but if yours do then just leave 'em in there and it should do the trick.

freezing my cans of cider ... then putting them in a cool bag/box  lined with a space blanket and filled the gaps with ice cubes  then wrapping the outside of the bag with another space blanket when we are pitched . should last till sunday am ish by which time I won't be drinking as much ... works for me and I don't seem to lose too much to burst age 

Aye cool box is the obvious one but for those of us who are public transporting,  its not so easy :(

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Not bringing any this year but in the past I've just left mine in the cardboard crate they come in and they've stayed pretty damn cool throughout the festival. Obviously not all cans come in those crates which nixes this idea, but if yours do then just leave 'em in there and it should do the trick.

Aye I have a slab of 24 just in plastic. Don't think it would have the same effect! 

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

buy the biggest pair of socks you can find, drench the sock, pop a can in it, hang the sock from summat (I use my camping chair). When the sock dries, your can is cold. Voilla.

This is the sort of shit I need. 

Mine is not lightweight Solution.. But I freeze all my Capri Sun, smoothies and water which are put between my cans in the 2 cooler bags we bring... does seem to work fine

The overnight temp drop does mean cans are usually cold first thing anyway :)

The best place i've found for keeping a cool tin is in the car. Take what you need for weds/ thurs and leave the rest in the spare wheel compartment. Only drag is doing a statigic car run Fri/Sat morning. But you will have cool beers ;) 

Cans under tent usually works for me, they're not freezing but colder than being in the tent.

Something I do with milk is wrap that in a wet towel in some shade (if you have any near tents/behind a large tent) and it stays fine for the festival.So you could do something similar with beers.

Alternatively just bring a bucket fill it with water and chuck your cans in there while you're sitting around the tent.

1 minute ago, jpeee said:

The best place i've found for keeping a cool tin is in the car. Take what you need for weds/ thurs and leave the rest in the spare wheel compartment. Only drag is doing a statigic car run Fri/Sat morning. But you will have cool beers ;) 

I agree! I've left cans and bottles in the boot of the car and it stays cooler and then just do a couple of car runs in the mornings :)

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

freezing my cans of cider ... then putting them in a cool bag/box  lined with a space blanket and filled the gaps with ice cubes  then wrapping the outside of the bag with another space blanket when we are pitched . should last till sunday am ish by which time I won't be drinking as much ... works for me and I don't seem to lose too much to burst age 

Same here, ice cold cider a few days in is spot on

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

buy the biggest pair of socks you can find, drench the sock, pop a can in it, hang the sock from summat (I use my camping chair). When the sock dries, your can is cold. Voilla.

That's some MacGyver shit right there. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Teach me your ways.

Colemans 5 day extreme cooler.... 100ltr... precooled filled with beer cider and ice. Keeps drink ice cold for at least 4 days