bexj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Flysheet said:

92 and 93 were roasters and the only ones where I've had a shower

And 94 was warm and dry too.

People don't seem to believe me when I say I did three Glastonburys in a row and never wore wellies once. 

It was a bit of a shock to the system to return in 2011 and to have to hop around the car to get my wellies on when we arrived on site.

2 hours ago, AnnaGrant said:

And 94 was warm and dry too.

People don't seem to believe me when I say I did three Glastonburys in a row and never wore wellies once. 

It was a bit of a shock to the system to return in 2011 and to have to hop around the car to get my wellies on when we arrived on site.

This is my 3rd stint of Glasto at the mo

89 can't remember the weather, 90 muddy  and played havoc with all us flares wearing Mondays ravers

92&93 hot as...the Aussie and Saffer camping with us got burnt!

99 was changeable I think as was 2000? 02 was hot again IIRC? 03...?

Then 13 years off and back to last years apocalyptic mud! 

1 hour ago, Flysheet said:

This is my 3rd stint of Glasto at the mo

89 can't remember the weather, 90 muddy  and played havoc with all us flares wearing Mondays ravers

92&93 hot as...the Aussie and Saffer camping with us got burnt!

99 was changeable I think as was 2000? 02 was hot again IIRC? 03...?

Then 13 years off and back to last years apocalyptic mud! 

Last year looked grim. I was watching the videos of the site vehicles getting waterlogged before the festival opened, and thinking I was glad not to be going.

One thing I learned in 2010... when you're walking about, you will feel slower when it's crazy hot. Plan accordingly if there are bands you want to see! We seemed to spend a lot of 2010 hiding in the Cabaret tent because we were being roasted alive! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2017 at 2:59 PM, wetwipes said:

When planning travel in the Far East, pharmacy recommended I take a dehydration solution (dioralyte or Boots stuff) and take one at least every 2 days, to make up for sweating.  Might help for those whose dehydration is eh "self-inflicted" too.  And into my bag they go.

Thank you so much for suggesting the dioralyte. This post is why I packed some, which then was a lifesaver when I got heatstroke on the Tuesday on my way in.