Hot weather advice

bexj

Diaralyte is expensive but not as much as 5 days of booze and whatever else. Got to be factored in if it's hot in my opinion, makes such a difference. 

Also, take a small flannel or towel, douse in cold water and rest against your neck to help cool you down. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

does lucozade do the same thing?? i used dioralyte last year and it was great but as you said its expensive.

Boots rehydration sachets for me. A couple of quid for a box of six. 

A little tradition for me is to have one with a berocca every morning at the fest - sorts you right out for the day ahead. 

4 hours ago, AnnaGrant said:

1992 surely?  

I was there and I've always said it was too hot, but I also say it was my best Glastonbury ever  so I coped.

Lots of people had scarves under their hats so the back of their necks were protected from the sun. 

Respect the sun, take it easy and we will have a great time.

92 and 93 were roasters and the only ones where I've had a shower

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Is  Diaralyte expensive? What we talking £50 a gramme?

I picked up a box from the dark Web for 3.50 earlier. You only need one a day really, no need to go berserk on the stuff.

Edited by rubenz

6 hours ago, wetwipes said:

When planning travel in the Far East, pharmacy recommended I take a dehydration solution (dioralyte or Boots stuff) and take one at least every 2 days, to make up for sweating.  Might help for those whose dehydration is eh "self-inflicted" too.  And into my bag they go.

i have one in the morning and one before bed, really helps eliminate the hangover. i'll be taking a few in the daybag this year and try to have 1 during day too given the heat/sweating.

Might be worth packing something to cover your face with in case it's dusty. As somebody else said, this could double up as a neck protector.

Get water every time you pass a water point as a habit. ABC, Always Be Carrying water.

32 minutes ago, Cuzzy said:

All the sweating and walking will take its toll on your ringer not much fun when you wipe your ass so slap some vaseline or talc on it to stop the chafing 

Bodyglide. Awesome product. Saved my nipsy many a time. 

ok, heading out on my last shopping trip tomorrow - where do the space blankets go? over top of tent? between lining? funneled together to set alight attacking roman ships? help...

7 hours ago, Lees23 said:

ok, heading out on my last shopping trip tomorrow - where do the space blankets go? over top of tent? between lining? funneled together to set alight attacking roman ships? help...

I put mine between inner and outer, stops rustling in any breeze and I just drape them over, no need to use tape