Hot weather advice

bexj

Its looking like its going to be fabulous weather folks! I think the last one like this 2010, so many of you won't have experienced a scorcher so hopefully we oldies can share some advice. 
1. It might seem obvious, but suncream is vital.  You will be outside in the sun with little shade for 12 hours a day.  Believe me when i say that carrying a rucksack with burnt shoulders is not fun. 
2. Although it looks like there are loads of trees for shade, the reality is that most of them are behind fences, traders stands etc. It can feel very exposed in most parts and what shade you  find is often very busy. Bring a wide brimmed hat, scarf or even an umbrella to have your own shade. Sunstroke is not fun either. 
3. Drink lots of water.  The tap water is perfectly safe to drink at Glastonbury, bottled water is expensive, bad for the environment and warm by sunday (the ice cream vans leave it outside all day). 
4. Don't leave your friend crashed out in the sun to fry in his/her drunken stupor
5. Your tent will feel like the inside of a cast iron smelter at 8am... Try using foil blankets or at least don't overdress for bed unless you like waking up drenched
6. Watching the sunrise is amazing
7. Watching the sunset is amazing too
8. For those who will adopt flip flops etc remember it still gets wet around the taps and toilets.  I'm not sure I'd want my bare feet in that toilet water
Glastonbury in hot weather takes it to another level of magical, but it can be equally challenging so take care of yourselves and each other and have a great festival xxx

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, Be careful everyone.

WEAR A HAT

A good way of cooling off is to pour water into your hat and dampen your wrists, keep hydrated those ciders go down easily but you need to get some good old H2O into you, I'd recommend a pint of water for every two beer/cider. You sweat water not booze!

Another thing to watch for is the tops of your feet if you are wearing flip flops or even just trainer socks get some factor 50 on them once they burn walking will be very painful.

What a wonderful problem to have after last year! :D

19 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

I take a smallish of those misting bottles for plants and stick it in the day bag. Nice spray on face now and again helps. Got to watch sun cream doesn't come off though

Can get similar spray bottles in Superdrug - best quid (or so) you'lll ever spend.

7 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Survival blankets for lining the tent with arrived today from our Amazonian friends.

Unless its been a wind up and Im setting myself up to be boiled alive

This works well, and you can put them between the inner and outer of your tent so they don't rustle like mad and drive your neighbours to distraction.

Gonna echo it as it's so silly seeing the amount of bottled water people buy on site - the tapwater is tested constantly many times throughout the day from many points all over the site and kept to a very high standard of drinking water. Use it...