what happen if you miss your coach?

defrio29

My friend is coming in to the festival from another country, he bought the coach ticket package

his UK visa application just came out and it only allows them entry to the UK on the 21st of June.

Doesnt look like he will be able to make his 10:30 coach from Bristol due to that. What happens to his ticket if he miss his coach? is there a box office that he can take his ticket from?

Thanks

Last year I didn't make my coach as I was ill. Got my friends who were on the coach to ask the coach driver to put it at the box office and he said they have to do that regardless. Got the train on the Thursday and collected it with some ID. Should be fine. 

On 6/17/2017 at 3:33 PM, carrie2 said:

Last year I didn't make my coach as I was ill. Got my friends who were on the coach to ask the coach driver to put it at the box office and he said they have to do that regardless. Got the train on the Thursday and collected it with some ID. Should be fine. 

Do you know where the box office is located?

The coach driver does not want the hassle of having to hand tickets back to the booth at Gate A - he wants to go home,  so if you had lots of background deets (like printout of the booking page - always worth screenshotting it, a photocopy of the guy's passport and a copy of the barcoded ticket sent via email) then you would almost certainly be able to pick up the ticket on the coach for him.

4 minutes ago, timbrass said:

The coach driver does not want the hassle of having to hand tickets back to the booth at Gate A - he wants to go home,  so if you had lots of background deets (like printout of the booking page - always worth screenshotting it, a photocopy of the guy's passport and a copy of the barcoded ticket sent via email) then you would almost certainly be able to pick up the ticket on the coach for him.

I really don't think they would even with all of this 

Then  add some extra evidence - get the guy on Skype on the phone and let him talk to the coach driver.  I would suggest you have a 80% chance of getting him to hand it over (assuming you are not a arse about it).  Worst case is the guy has to go to the booth at Gate A

On 6/17/2017 at 2:57 PM, defrio29 said:

would a friend who's in the same coach be allowed to take the ticket for him?

I've not got the coach myself but friends have and from what I recall their experience was that lead booker on the order got given tickets in an envelope so if this other friend was the lead booker you might be OK.

Failing that... another time a friend (who had a standard ticket) pretended to be another mate who couldn't make the coach. When friend's name was called he went up and collected their ticket (there was no photo check). The mate who caught the coach then got in the festival as normal with his own standard ticket, holding on to the other friend's one until he arrived to handover on the Friday. So that's another option if you've got a pal with a standard ticket willing to help out.

I missed the coach a few years ago, got in contact, they held it at the box office and I picked it up the next morning, with some ID. I did spend the next 4 days getting ribbed about it though.

Last year, I went out and back in without a re-entry slip, and they called me to the box office and quizzed me about my local area to get back in for about 15 minutes, so possibly be ready for that.

Both scenarios are better than mine this year (sitting at home, watching on telly. Not depressed about that. Honest...)