Friendly reminder - USE THE LOCK UPS

rottencrotch

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

A good option I reckon ... I use a frio wallet ... which is good for my insulin ... there are also fridges available at medical points but I can't be bothered with the trek 

Thanks for this.  Apparently it isn't supposed to be refrigerated either, so that strikes off the medic fridge,  I also thought the medic tent was a bit of a trek, but def a good last resort.  Not heard of that wallet.  Will look into that.  Thanks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lillypip said:

Thanks for this.  Apparently it isn't supposed to be refrigerated either, so that strikes off the medic fridge,  I also thought the medic tent was a bit of a trek, but def a good last resort.  Not heard of that wallet.  Will look into that.  Thanks.

might be hard to get one in time ... just needs activating in water and lasts for ages and then can be reactivated  .. good luck . have a look on  Glastonbury's website about medication  I'm sure there is info on it somewhere and keeping it cold 

8 minutes ago, lillypip said:

must have changed here is the policy now 

3. Safe Storage. In some instances, safe storage of medication can be arranged through the onsite medical service (including temperature controlled storage). NO storage should be provided at the Gate. Customers should contact help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk in advance if this service is required.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

3. Safe Storage. In some instances, safe storage of medication can be arranged through the onsite medical service (including temperature controlled storage). NO storage should be provided at the Gate. Customers should contact help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk in advance if this service is required.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That's really helpful, thank you.  The frio wallet looks really good but don't think my medication bottle will fit in it, as they seem to have narrow channels specifically for syringes and pens. I'll have to email them.  Thanks again.

44 minutes ago, lillypip said:

Bit of an odd question...I have medication that must not go over 25 degrees.  With the amazing temperatures that we are due, I can't carry it around with me, or leave it in my tent, as it will easily exceed 25 degrees.  Do the lock ups stay much cooler than the outside temperature, or do they get as hot as normal tents? I'm wondering if this could be an option. 

Unfortunately they do get warm, however nowhere near as warm as tents. If you have a mini cool bag or something that could keep them in cold water then I know anyone on my lock up would happy check on it/replace with cold water frequently. Drop me a PM if this would be helpful. 

Just now, rottencrotch said:

Unfortunately they do get warm, however nowhere near as warm as tents. If you have a mini cool bag or something that could keep them in cold water then I know anyone on my lock up would happy check on it/replace with cold water frequently. Drop me a PM if this would be helpful. 

That's really helpful, thank you.  I think I'll store it in a small cool bag, surrounded by cool bottles of water and hopefully that will do the trick.  I'll have a think about what's best.  Thank you again.

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

Thank you! How long have you been doing this? I'll be on Pyramid and Paines.

This will be my 9th year I think? I absolutely love it - lots of fun, get to blether to cracking people and we almost end up being a bit of a respite area; giving out loo roll, directions, info etc. 

27 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Silly question (I just don't want to be seen as tight fisted), never used the lock ups before and will this year, but wondered what is the norm that people donate?

I usually donate a tenner. Would easily pay that for the service that the volunteers there provide (and probably a little more) quite happily so feel it's fair. Goes to a good cause too.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Silly question (I just don't want to be seen as tight fisted), never used the lock ups before and will this year, but wondered what is the norm that people donate?

I usually just give from whatever change is in my purse. Some days it might be a couple of quid, other days it'll be pushing 50p. I use it as a change reducing measure as much as anything else.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Honestly, whatever you like. Some people donate a quid every time they use them, others at the end of the weekend. It's a free service although anything is gratefully received.  You won't get funny looks if you can't donate, I promise :)

57 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

I'm terms of leaving cash is it best to leave it inside a bag and hand that over or tell them you want to stash cash? 

It's up to you. If you don't have a wee bag it'll be placed in an envelope then sealed over with your signature and sellotape. Each time you remove cash and put the remainder back in, you'll be issued a fresh ticket/envelope. 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I use this for cash, keys, coach ticket etc but do people put their phones in at the end of the night. I don't currently, sort of feel I should when I read about these thefts but it doubles as my watch and I'm not sure I'd ever think to take it in on my way home.

We don't get many phones put in overnight for a few reasons I think

a) phones are now so easily bricked when they are stolen that I think any thieves would look for different items

b ) they are used for alarms and clocks like you said

It's up to you though, if you are right next to a lock up it would only take 5 mins. 

9 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

A good option I reckon ... I use a frio wallet ... which is good for my insulin ... there are also fridges available at medical points but I can't be bothered with the trek 

after a frantic search, ive finally managed to find both my frio wallets (thought id lost them and was worried about the heat!), ive always kept my spare insulin pens under my tent to stay cool in the past but think i might try the lock ups this year

Just a tip for those who are leaving stuff in the lockups for the duration of the festival.  As well as taking a photo, put a reminder on your phone to pick up on the last day.  As I'm now coming from Ireland, arriving Bristol airport and finding passport, flight ticket etc have been left behind would be a bit of a nightmare.  They do close up around midday (or earlier? - don't risk it) on the Monday.

3 hours ago, Aragorn said:

I'm terms of leaving cash is it best to leave it inside a bag and hand that over or tell them you want to stash cash? 

I put mine in a brightly coloured (clean) sock and tie it in a knot. Made the volunteers smile every time i took out same cash and it was easy for them to find 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the folks manning the lock-up by the Tipi Field.

Like a stupid bloody idiot, I managed to lose my ticket in Arcadia on Friday. Realised on my way to the naughty corner at about 4am and made a dash back to look for it. Unsurprisingly, nowhere to be seen. Reported it to some stewards there, who helped me look but had to give it up. Normally take a photo on my phone, but for some reason hadn't when I got some cash out from the lock-up earlier on in the day.

Anyway, the folks were absolutely wonderful when I explained everything to them - despite having no ID on me (all in my wallet). I'm very sorry for making you look through 14 boxes to find my envelope!

After some very reassuring security questions, I was reunited with my wallet, cash and cards. Needless to say, they got a big donation.