Friendly reminder - USE THE LOCK UPS

rottencrotch

Hi all - just doing some last minute prep before I head onsite Monday and thought it would be wise to remind everyone to use the lock ups. 

It's free, you get loo roll and you won't have to worry about losing keys/passports/cash.  They will accept absolutely anything (last year we took in an urn full of ashes!) and are open 24 hours a day from 10am on Wednesday. 

Any questions, fire away. 

Have an AMAZING time everyone!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, rottencrotch said:

Hi all - just doing some last minute prep before I head onsite Monday and thought it would be wise to remind everyone to use the lock ups. 

It's free, you get loo roll and you won't have to worry about losing keys/passports/cash.  They will accept absolutely anything (last year we took in an urn full of ashes!) and are open 24 hours a day from 10am on Wednesday. 

Any questions, fire away. 

Have an AMAZING time everyone!

If we pop stuff in there one day and can't make it back it's still ok to come back a day or two later? 

My biggest problem with the lockups is putting stuff in one then ending up frigging miles away when you need the stuff ha!

You get free loo roll?? Ha 

Just now, Havors said:

If we pop stuff in there one day and can't make it back it's still ok to come back a day or two later? 

My biggest problem with the lockups is putting stuff in one then ending up frigging miles away when you need the stuff ha!

You get free loo roll?? Ha 

Absolutely - you have until 12pm Monday to pick up your items. After that it goes up to the Farm which is a ball ache.

The trick is to put your valuables in the one closest to the tent, then stick booze in a more central location :)

I pack my tent up Sunday and leave everything at the Lock up by the coach station.  Then after an all nighter in Shangri-La, can wander back to the lock up, pick up my stuff and it's a short walk to the coach home at 5 or 6am.  So much less stressful than packing everything up on Monday when you'd rather be going.  

And if it's dry Sunday morning but wet Monday morning you can enjoy a little bit of schadenfreude! 

(Obviously not recommended if you're the designated driver home)

Edited by fowls

Amazing facility provided by the festival  ... we keep our pushbikes and trailers in the one nearby .. also great for keeping crates of beer and keeping it coolish !!  and the obvious money keys etc ... don't forget to donate , they help one of the mild worries of the festival ... thanks to the people that work there and help us with our stuff in various states of inebriation :)

Lock ups are amazing - they've never lost an item or had one stolen in the whole history of the festival.

Please don't abuse the loo roll thing though - it's meant as emergency for those who forget, not so assholes can take a roll each time they go to the longdrops then just chuck it in/leave it there in the mess.

Used the lock up last year. Absolutely excellent, although one of the attendants got funny when I asked for toilet roll as the missus was desperate and she forgotten to bring the roll from the tent. The attendant demanded a donation for it, which I didn't have on me as my money was in an envelope in another lock up. 

That was the only blip, from an otherwise excellent system.

Fyi, I did leave a nice donation on my last pick up of belongings.

Yeah I usually check ID then suggest they stick it in the lock up. 

Some of the bars are really on it in terms of ID'ing - I'm 34 and was refused a few years ago in NYC Downlow despite having a staff band, Block 9 one etc. It's fair play though, a mild irritant to me but they are just doing their job. 

1 minute ago, Danny_H22 said:

I plan on making the most of them. How large are they? And how quickly are they likely to be taken? I plan on using the one in/by Darble

They are pretty big - large marquee size? Sorry I'm shit with measurements.  The process of checking an item in takes about 3-5 minutes normally so dependant on the Q. If you use them early in the morning/late at night it'll be fine. But as standard, you never have to wait that long. 

4 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Used the lock up last year. Absolutely excellent, although one of the attendants got funny when I asked for toilet roll as the missus was desperate and she forgotten to bring the roll from the tent. The attendant demanded a donation for it, which I didn't have on me as my money was in an envelope in another lock up. 

That was the only blip, from an otherwise excellent system.

Fyi, I did leave a nice donation on my last pick up of belongings.

It's free. That shouldn't have happened - I apologise on behalf of whoever did that!

An absolute godsend. We stick our trolley in the nearest to the tent and then a good chunk of money for the rest of the festival. Use it as a secure bank onside.

JoeyT - Never experienced a queue bigger than 2/3 deep on a Wednesday morning.

You'll get a ticket to keep so that you can collect your items. Take a photo of it just incase you lose it.

Edited by EighteenSixty7

15 minutes ago, rottencrotch said:

It's free. That shouldn't have happened - I apologise on behalf of whoever did that!

No need to apologise. I may have just caught the person at a bad time, every other volunteer that I interacted with were friendly. 

Edited by 6t6o6m

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is there a queue first thing Wednesday? I imagine it goes pretty quickly if so.

Also is it just a case of being given a ticket with number on?

Yeah it's not a long wait. 

We take info about the item, your details including name, address, post code and contact number. 

10 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

You'll get a ticket to keep so that you can collect your items. Take a photo of it just incase you lose it.

This is a great tip. Speeds up the lost ticket process exponentially!

11 hours ago, rottencrotch said:

Absolutely - you have until 12pm Monday to pick up your items. After that it goes up to the Farm which is a ball ache.

The trick is to put your valuables in the one closest to the tent, then stick booze in a more central location :)

That's a good plan Haha! Can I put a cooler box of beer in one? Haha