Sunday ticket

bigfurbdogg

Morning, what a lovely day! 

Ive just had my Sunday tickets arrive for me and my mate. I stupidly booked the coach pick up for 11am, and would like to get there earlier now. Does anyone know if I can just get a lift there earlier and get in with my ticket, or do I need to get on the coach to get in?

cheers for any replies 

12 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Morning, what a lovely day! 

Ive just had my Sunday tickets arrive for me and my mate. I stupidly booked the coach pick up for 11am, and would like to get there earlier now. Does anyone know if I can just get a lift there earlier and get in with my ticket, or do I need to get on the coach to get in?

cheers for any replies 

Mate of mine got in just gone middnight early hours of Sunday morning a few years ago on their Sunday ticket pal.

When I say a few I think it was 2009! 

Just now, JoeyT said:

Mate of mine got in just gone middnight early hours of Sunday morning a few years ago on their Sunday ticket pal.

When I say a few I think it was 2009! 

Ye, surely they'll let me in. Say I got there at 10:30, and there was no way I could get back to the bus stop in Radstock for 11, then surely that wouldn't mean I couldn't get in at all!?

17 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Hmmm. With normal tickets you have to pick up on the coach, but if you HAVE the tickets in hand, I'd think you could get there whenever? I guess no info with the blurb you've been sent?

I just read through all the small print on the back and nothing says you need to get the bus. The tickets are perferrated into 2 halves; one for the Sunday ticket and one for the bus, which I think is promising. Maybe I should just phone see tickets 

19 minutes ago, quiet guy said:

You could get dropped off at the Band W site and try getting on one the shuttle buses in, the worst that could happen is that you'll be told you have to get the 11am bus. Remember the earliest access with the Sunday ticket is 8am.

Just noticed it says on the Sunday ticket bit, valid from 8am, so looks like we should be alright i reckon 

The official line is that the bus takes the locals directly inside the festival grounds so I wouldn't gamble on trying to get to the festival without getting in the bus.

I've been the last three years and If I was you I'd just turn up at 9.30 and jump on the bus.That is by far the best way to get in early.Also, that way the worst that can happen is you'll have to wait until the 11am bus.

In reality, there is a succession on shuttle buses that start at 9.30.They only give different times to split the amount of people turning up early and avoid having a huge queue of impatient punters.

Also, on the return bus, my wife was booked on the midnight return bus last year but got on the 10.30pm one no probs.

As I said, I've done this for the last three years so any questions,give me a shout.

11 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Just noticed it says on the Sunday ticket bit, valid from 8am, so looks like we should be alright i reckon 

Interesting. Mate of mine used to go in at midnight saturday on a sunday ticket and party for 24 hrs. Looks like they got wise to that one.

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Interesting. Mate of mine used to go in at midnight saturday on a sunday ticket and party for 24 hrs. Looks like they got wise to that one.

The complimentary ones they give out for free used to say that you can arrive after midnight.

Not sure of your mate had one of those or whether, as you say, they changed the rules.

I think they insist on buses to reduce the traffic on Sunday night, they can do without another 5000 cars turning up.

18 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

The official line is that the bus takes the locals directly inside the festival grounds so I wouldn't gamble on trying to get to the festival without getting in the bus.

I've been the last three years and If I was you I'd just turn up at 9.30 and jump on the bus.That is by far the best way to get in early.Also, that way the worst that can happen is you'll have to wait until the 11am bus.

In reality, there is a succession on shuttle buses that start at 9.30.They only give different times to split the amount of people turning up early and avoid having a huge queue of impatient punters.

Also, on the return bus, my wife was booked on the midnight return bus last year but got on the 10.30pm one no probs.

As I said, I've done this for the last three years so any questions,give me a shout.

Think I'm just going to gamble and get my girlfriend to drop us down in the morning. Surely the traffic won't be that much of a problem Sunday morning and I can't see them refusing us entry, we'll have a ticket after all.

On another note; do you still get a proper wristband and lanyard like you do for a normal ticket?

4 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Think I'm just going to gamble and get my girlfriend to drop us down in the morning. Surely the traffic won't be that much of a problem Sunday morning and I can't see them refusing us entry, we'll have a ticket after all.

On another note; do you still get a proper wristband and lanyard like you do for a normal ticket?

Yeah, its the same wristband that the weekenders get

Lanyard too