My friends taste is pish/I'm a loner/Be my buddy etc,etc,etc

payneruk

Thought we could use a thread to buddy up for sets where our friends wanna see something else. So we don't have to watch stuff on our own. Efesters Unite!

I can't bring myself to watch Ed with my friends so I'm looking for someone to watch Justice with me. I'm male, 32, like all "party supplies" and I don't have to drive monday morning\wanna rave all night!

Any takers?

4 hours ago, payneruk said:

Thought we could use a thread to buddy up for sets where our friends wanna see something else. So we don't have to watch stuff on our own. Efesters Unite!

I can't bring myself to watch Ed with my friends so I'm looking for someone to watch Justice with me. I'm male, 32, like all "party supplies" and I don't have to drive monday morning\wanna rave all night!

Any takers?

I reckon pretty much our whole group will be at Justice - so about 20 of us. We are late 30s into early 40s. We will also be, as you say, partying hard and have a flag - black on white, 'Where's Mother?' written on it. By all means come and say hi, we are friendly bunch and will be dancing!

Edited by Homer

7 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I personally enjoy, and actively seek, to spend some time away from my group. I can wander, explore and escape into my own little slice of heaven for a few hours.

Would you want to 'ave it to Justice on your own though?

11 hours ago, payneruk said:

Any takers?

I wouldn't mind seeing Justice. On a number of fronts. Actually, that's not really true. Mainly because when put to the test, I've actually been guilty as charged and I really ought to come to terms with it. In any case how do I get past the affliction which when wanting to meet new people is that they look  up on me like this;

Image result for silence of the lambs

When, if only you knew, I look like this;

Image result for guinea pigs + marriage

That's on a Monday, that is. I don't wear the same outfit on a Tuesday. On a Tuesday I go shopping, and have buttered scones for tea.

This is me by the time Miss Marple starts on a Sunday evening (see below);

So, when you think you've got problems let this be a message to you that it could be a whole lot worse.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of the newbies to our troupe has just shared his schedule on the EE app and I laughed for about a minute straight.

Newbies. I had someone at work, who'd failed at getting tickets for years, be genuinely upset at the line up because Adele wasn't playing again and therefore they thought the whole thing was shit. 

I don't even like the line up, but the facial expressions I went through...

50 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Justice. On a number of fronts. Actually, that's not really true. Mainly because when put to the test, I've actually been guilty as charged and I really ought to come to terms with it. In any case how do I get past the affliction which when wanting to meet new people is that they look  up on me like this;

Image result for silence of the lambs

When, if only you knew, I look like this;

That's on a Monday, that is. I don't wear the same outfit on a Tuesday. On a Tuesday I go shopping, and have buttered scones for tea.

This is me by the time Miss Marple starts on a Sunday evening (see below);

So, when you think you've got problems let this be a message to you that it could be a whole lot worse.

Quite horrible thing that you have there yog,it is officially called "Lecteritis" and there is unfortunately no known cure .

On a happier note, isn't it strange that you can dress a guinea pig up in anything, and it will always have that "Like i give a fuck" look about it.

3 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

Quite horrible thing that you have there yog,it is officially called "Lecteritis" and there is unfortunately no known cure .

Really?  It could be an urban myth but I've heard that if you get yourself to Iceland (the shop, not the country) within 24 hours of being informed of your Lecteritis and jump in with your whole body among the Turkey Twizzlers, then you stand a fighting chance of survival. Failure to get yourself among those Twizzlers in time and I believe that your only further option is to walk in to reception at your local police station, pull out your pud (if you are male. I have no knowledge on what happens if women have to do if they feel the need to grass themselves up), start giving it a right old bash, and shouting out loud 'Help me officers, help me, what's going on'? Look at them in earnest seriousness while carrying on with your duty. It's at that point when they will ask you if you are on any medication that you have failed to take. 

26 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

On a happier note, isn't it strange that you can dress a guinea pig up in anything, and it will always have that "Like i give a fuck" look about it.

Guinea-pigs are fucking rock hard, man. There was a couple of fucking mental guinea-pigs that controlled things on the estate (in the fucking state) I grew up in. Ronnie and Reggie Guinea-pig. This is them (see below) stripped back, and put back together with a little bit of sticky backed plastic, a one inch square piece of cotton of dubious provenance, and an anecdote of your choosing. 

Image result for guinea pigs

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Really?  It could be an urban myth but I've heard that if you get yourself to Iceland (the shop, not the country) within 24 hours of being informed of your Lecteritis and jump in with your whole body among the Turkey Twizzlers, then you stand a fighting chance of survival. Failure to get yourself among those Twizzlers in time and I believe that your only further option is to walk in to reception at your local police station, pull out your pud (if you are male. I have no knowledge on what happens if women have to do if they feel the need to grass themselves up), start giving it a right old bash, and shouting out loud 'Help me officers, help me, what's going on'? Look at them in earnest seriousness while carrying on with your duty. It's at that point when they will ask you if you are on any medication that you have failed to take. 

Guinea-pigs are fucking rock hard, man. There was a couple of fucking mental guinea-pigs that controlled things on the estate (in the fucking state) I grew up in. Ronnie and Reggie Guinea-pig. This is them (see below) stripped back, and put back together with a little bit of sticky backed plastic, a one inch square piece of cotton of dubious provenance, and an anecdote of your choosing. 

Image result for guinea pigs

You seem to have come up with a fairly logical cure there yog, and although i'm not a doctor at all of any description working in that particular field of whatever it's called, i could understand the long term benefits to sufferers.

Reggie guinea pig does freak me out a a bit with that sideways look thing that he has going on, and i can only hope that he did not terrorise the local guinea pig community too much.

37 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

You seem to have come up with a fairly logical cure there yog, and although i'm not a doctor at all of any description working in that particular field of whatever it's called, i could understand the long term benefits to sufferers.

Well, I don't like to boast, but there are a few of us that have moved on from hot cupping, leaches, and blood letting. Admittedly, not so many as we'd like on the blood  letting front, but from small acorns great oak trees will grow.

40 minutes ago, brandycoke said:

Reggie guinea pig does freak me out a a bit with that sideways look thing that he has going on, and i can only hope that he did not terrorise the local guinea pig community too much.

I never could work out which one was which. To be honest the one on the left looks like he'd pass a little guinea-pig lie detector test, should  he get himself mixed up in a Jeremy Kyle / Guinea-pig Face Off. On the other hand the guinea pig on the right does look like he's just started 'receiving', and might, as a direct or indirect result, go fucking guinea-pig bananas.  

Think there's a few bands I might be at alone, (Cut Capers in Shangrila for one) due to the time and location more than friends tastes. In the day I don't mind, it's the late nights when nothing I want to see is on are harder i find, but there's a few others coming this year (2 of whom have never been) so I'm hoping they might be more up for late nights..

Sorry OP I don't really know much about justice, but I'll be at Dreadzone and then hopefully hackney colliery band. (again prob myself) I'm sure you'll find some people to hook up with. Have fun.

10 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Out of my group I'm probably going to be on my own watching The Jacksons, but judging by how quick they slid off the Glasto hurt/heal game on here I guess I'll still be on my own...as you were.

I too am going to the Jackons, probably on my own. Don't really want to see the Foos. The heart wants what it wants!