East or West?

bsolxiv

East or West Car Park?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which side do you park

• East (A37)
    • West (A361)

4 hours ago, bsolxiv said:

Ever tried the other way? My thoughts always been less people come that way (north on A37) so queue might be shorter

Maybe, but you've still to join the A37 if you want the blue car parks haven't you and if there's going to be a queue that's where it is. 

Maybe share a map of the route you were thinking?

3 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Maybe, but you've still to join the A37 if you want the blue car parks haven't you and if there's going to be a queue that's where it is. 

Maybe share a map of the route you were thinking?

I've always just imagined Bristol traffic would be a nightmare and that most people from the north would come that way meaning a longer queue that way. I've always driven round. 

IMG_3451.PNG

16 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

I've always just imagined Bristol traffic would be a nightmare and that most people from the north would come that way meaning a longer queue that way. I've always driven round. 

IMG_3451.PNG

We've actually done that route in reverse on leaving once. They weren't letting anyone turn left onto the A37 as it was so backed up. 

I never normally find going through Bristol to be much of a problem if you miss the rush hours. 

Last year the queues all began around Shepton Mallet way as the motorhomes couldn't get onto their field and that was holding everything up. With the motorhomes looking like they'll have an easier time this year and the Bath and West contingent of large ones being diverted I think we should be OK. 

I parked west for years, even though I was travelling from east (London). Drive down A303 and stay on it to go through Street and Glastonbury and toward site from the west on A361.

Have generally camped on west side so always felt it would be closer to park that side as well