Purchases From Poundland

Mattty

39 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

As far as I know it's just a "Northern" thing, or maybe just certain parts of the North. Certainly where I come from The Asda is The Asda....!! 

Ah, you see I'd put it down to him doing a second generation Irish mimicking angle on it. He's certainly not northern (Birmingham born and bred) nor have I ever heard him mention any northern connections before. There's nothing for it - I shall send him an email asking him if he remembers where he picked it up. Watch this space.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ah, you see I'd put it down to him doing a second generation Irish mimicking angle on it. He's certainly not northern (Birmingham born and bred) nor have I ever heard him mention any northern connections before. There's nothing for it - I shall send him an email asking him if he remembers where he picked it up. Watch this space.

Wait, Birmingham isn't northern?

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

London's north for me. If I can't get to the southern coastline within half an hour it's all whippets, flat caps and gravy as far as I'm concerned. 

Guess what? Today's the day that your rosette gets made. I wanted to make it myself, but my wife's got wind of it and now she is insisting on making it. 

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Guess what? Today's the day that your rosette gets made. I wanted to make it myself, but my wife's got wind of it and now she is insisting on making it. 

I like her, and I think you're alright too! 

On 6/16/2017 at 2:45 PM, Mattty said:

Inflatable, can't imagine it lasting the whole week to be honest

I bought one last year, it popped as soon as inflated.  I laughed to myself and used my towel and some discarded clothing as a pillow instead.

26 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Where can I get a cheap single hob camping stove. They are £20 in argos which is steep

Wilkos? Decathlon? Go outdoors? - Not too sure if you have a B & M near where you live, but lots out there much cheaper than Argos.... Dont forget to get additional gas cannisters.  Have an amazing time!!!

http://www.wilko.com/camping-equipment-and-essentials/wilko-mini-portable-stove/invt/0331541

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/yellowstone-portable-gas-stove-p396293

On 6/16/2017 at 2:55 PM, MrZigster said:

No Space Blankets :o I've just got my rucksack down from the loft and I have a couple left from previous years. Forgot about them.

Also, I forgot the tent camplight I've had for at least three years. This year is the first time I've had to replace the batteries and I've fallen asleep with it on so many times.

I couldn't find them in my local Poundland this weekend :/

Anyone know where I can get them on the high street? 
(I only have tonight to get them and as it's meant to be a scorcher I definitely need them)

On 6/16/2017 at 11:42 PM, Northern Soul said:

As far as I know it's just a "Northern" thing, or maybe just certain parts of the North. Certainly where I come from The Asda is The Asda....!! 

I thought it was more specifically a Scouse thing not so much general northern one?

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Where can I get a cheap single hob camping stove. They are £20 in argos which is steep

If you have prime, I would recommend this. Folds up small and does the job for a tenner

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camping-Hiking/Camping-Stove-Ultralight-Portable-Backpacking-Ignition-Compatible/B00XOJ9BYU/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1497860680&sr=8-23&keywords=camping+stove