Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Of course I have a problem. I have a big problem with the toxic country the likes of you have created.

I'm going over to Latimer Road today to stand in solidarity with those poor souls who have lost everything, people who will be rehoused all over the country. That's an entire community destroyed at a stroke. You are damn right that will make me angry.

Tomorrow I will be hosting a street party to celebrate the life of Jo Cox. A wonderful human being, a wonderful mother, who died at the hands of a crazed right wing psychopath. You are damn right I will be angry at times.

Then on Wednesday I will go to Glastonbury where I can immerse myself among like minded people. There I will be reminded there is still some good in this world. The anger will be replaced by joy and hope.

Yes I know there will be a few right wing cockroaches like you scuttling about the place. But thankfully, aside from a few cowardly boos to Jeremy Corbyn, you'll keep your mouths shut and just fuck off back to your poisonous lives on Monday without spoiling things too much. 

Hope you will be giving up your bed to help those in need especially whilst you are in Glastonbury 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Of course I have a problem. I have a big problem with the toxic country the likes of you have created.

I'm going over to Latimer Road today to stand in solidarity with those poor souls who have lost everything, people who will be rehoused all over the country. That's an entire community destroyed at a stroke. You are damn right that will make me angry.

Tomorrow I will be hosting a street party to celebrate the life of Jo Cox. A wonderful human being, a wonderful mother, who died at the hands of a crazed right wing psychopath. You are damn right I will be angry at times.

Then on Wednesday I will go to Glastonbury where I can immerse myself among like minded people. There I will be reminded there is still some good in this world. The anger will be replaced by joy and hope.

Yes I know there will be a few right wing cockroaches like you scuttling about the place. But thankfully, aside from a few cowardly boos to Jeremy Corbyn, you'll keep your mouths shut and just fuck off back to your poisonous lives on Monday without spoiling things too much. 

Sometimes I simply love you Russy.

26 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Hope you will be giving up your bed to help those in need especially whilst you are in Glastonbury 

And that's the sort of insidious comment I've come to expect.

Whether they should be invited or not I don't understand why people think right wing speakers/politicians would be at any more risk than any of their other public talks? Glastonbury has more love, and reasoned debate than anywhere else I know, and there are more levels of security than there are at many public events these politicians do.

I fully understand that they are more likely to get heckled/booed and leave with egg on their face but I can't think of many safer places to try and prove a point to the opposition. Maybe if they had some sort of Popemobile get up.

A year ago, at Glastonbury, the referendum result was announced. The result was met by the Glastonbury crowd with shock and disappointment. I still feel shocked and disappointed at the result, even more shocked and disappointed that Brexit is going ahead despite the obvious stupidity of it.

Jeremy Corbyn has supported Brexit thoughout his career, and still supports it. And despite many of the other good things he stands for this one is a non-negotiable line in the sand. 

How can we cheer a Brexiter this year when we booed them last year?

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bro, have you even been in the Speaker's Forum? Everybody in there is made of hemp.

You should have seen it when Ben Goldacre turned up and told them all they were charlatans.

21 minutes ago, scarletmist said:

A year ago, at Glastonbury, the referendum result was announced. The result was met by the Glastonbury crowd with shock and disappointment. I still feel shocked and disappointed at the result, even more shocked and disappointed that Brexit is going ahead despite the obvious stupidity of it.

Jeremy Corbyn has supported Brexit thoughout his career, and still supports it. And despite many of the other good things he stands for this one is a non-negotiable line in the sand. 

Being anti-EU is not the same as supporting Brexit. The referendum wasn't on dissolving the EU, it was on leaving it. It's perfectly possible to think a given structure shouldn't exist yet as long as it does, want to belong to it.

I'm opposed to our first past the post voting system and want something fairer, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't vote.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

It was bound to happen eventually, but that just surpassed the one about a stab wound in a gorilla's back, as my favourite Russy post ever.

27 minutes ago, scarletmist said:

How can we cheer a Brexiter this year when we booed them last year?

Because he campaigned for remain?

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

The "toxic country"?  Really?   Honestly?  Compared to what?

What the fuck has Grenfell got to do with Jeremy Corbyn or your political views? 

Jo Cox's death was a tragic murder.  That is true.

Calling someone a "cockroach".  Not very nice is it?  Not very "peace and love", not really the language that Jo Cox would use?

And as for keeping mouths shut?  I cannot think of anything worse for democracy than that.  Maybe you would feel more at home in China?

As for JC  attending Glasto.  He will get cheers, though the vast majority of the sheep who do, will have no idea about the validity of his policies or otherwise.

In the same way that disaffected people voted Brexit to "lash out" at the Establishment, without really understanding what they were voted for, so peopole voted Corbyn.

2 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I thought he was a bit half arsed about it if I recall correctly. Wasn't there something about a holiday at a crucial point? 

Corbyn is a lifelong leaver, we must not overlook that.

Yeah he campaigned for Remain, but in a pretty lukewarm fashion, but he's switched sides very quickly.

He clearly didn't believe Leave was going to win because he was due to speak at Glastonbury last year - and when the result was announced he hastily changed his plan.

I don't buy the 'will of the people' argument either, since Corbyn is a principled man and he generally holds his beliefs even when they are unpopular. 

BTW should have said this earlier - this is Richard (founder of Scarlet Mist) posting, and not the views of the website. 

1 hour ago, scarletmist said:

Yeah he campaigned for Remain, but in a pretty lukewarm fashion, but he's switched sides very quickly.

He clearly didn't believe Leave was going to win because he was due to speak at Glastonbury last year - and when the result was announced he hastily changed his plan.

I don't buy the 'will of the people' argument either, since Corbyn is a principled man and he generally holds his beliefs even when they are unpopular. 

BTW should have said this earlier - this is Richard (founder of Scarlet Mist) posting, and not the views of the website. 

The lukewarm campaigning was fair enough- as a remainer I also admit I was lukewarm and complacent about it at the time- sure I voted, but I didn't put much effort into campaigning for it- can you honestly say you did? Would a super enthused Corbyn have come across as believable?

21 hours ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Haha, true. I think I will be at the bar getting a last minute beer and a shot of jagermeister before they come on, then it's all systems go!

As someone who really struggled to get through a big crush to get into the pyramid field before Patti Smith (due to large numbers coming in for the Dalai Lama, who I don't care either way about), I'd advise getting there before Corbyn, not after.

4 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

Thats why we pay tax.... to make sure the poor are housed, the sick are treated and everyone gets educated and a fair crack at life. Well it's supposed to be anyway.

54 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The lukewarm campaigning was fair enough- as a remainer I also admit I was lukewarm and complacent about it at the time- sure I voted, but I didn't put much effort into campaigning for it- can you honestly say you did? Would a super enthused Corbyn have come across as believable?

No, I didn't put much effort into campaigning, apart from a few tweets. I realised towards the end of the campaign that the Leave campaign didn't really hold water. But the vast majority of my friends, family and colleagues at work were voting Remain (I'm a Londoner working in the NHS) so I confess I was guilty of complacency. 

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

The festival has always had a moderate slightly left-wing ethos, and Michael Eavis has often invited speakers from sympathetic causes. That's what it is. 

That is what it is, always has been, always will be.

bruce-kent-glasto-84.jpg

My favourite thing about right wingers is the way they'll dig their own holes at the drop of a hat - and not even notice or realise they've done it.

I think the festival's been a bit too wimpy in it's message the last bunch of years, it undervalues itself and the hope it can bring people who spend the rest of the year it much more negative environments.

12 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

My favourite thing about right wingers is the way they'll dig their own holes at the drop of a hat - and not even notice or realise they've done it.

I think the festival's been a bit too wimpy in it's message the last bunch of years, it undervalues itself and the hope it can bring people who spend the rest of the year it much more negative environments.

Amen to that Brother :D