Pre festival Nerves

shuttlep

28 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I'm a little in the same boat as you. I still want to go but I am tempted to sack off my mates and camp with just my other half. I'm going with a few newbies this year, plus a couple of people who have been once before. We have a Whatsapp chat and everyone has been treating me like the Glastonbury information point and I've been happy to oblige.

However I've recently heard that a couple of my friends have referred to my attempts to actually organise us in terms of camping spot as "bossy and controlling" I'm absolutely gutted. They all loved me when I actually got them the tickets and told them what they need to buy. But for some reason, trying to get some sort of plan together on where to camp and how we're going to coordinate on arrival day, as some of us are coaching and some aren't, is a step too far.

I know if I go with them now, I will have this festering inside me and it will spoil my experience. And I will probably be really aggy with them and act like a dick :( 

You don;t need negativity like that, I have had something similar in the past. I choose to ignore it and when we arrived and got set up all the negativity and things I thought would be said, they were all totally forgotten .

hope  you get it sorted dude

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Which shoes to wear if it's hot, hot, hot!  Like how sweltering are my feet going to be in stompy boots and walking socks when realistically I wear flip flops from about April til October... 

I wore flip flops for the whole of Wed & Thurs (day time)  in 2015, no problem. 

9 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

But - stones? Turned ankles? People treading on my feet... etc etc I could stress about anything :D

Nah, it was all good. Pretty thick flip flops so the stones were ok. Even made the obligatory newbie trip up to the sign in flip flops.  Switched to trainers in the evening when dancing around like a loon/bar crawling.  Pretty much what I hope to do this time :) 

10 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

"Friends" can be assholes Skoo... my "friend" took the time to msg me to have a go at me because all my fb timeline is about Glastonbury.  She seemed annoyed that I was excited.

Please don't let their negativity spoil your festival build up... I said my piece to her now I'm happily ignoring any further msgs 

Ha, they're whatsapping me right now to ask me where we are camping. I am ignoring it - if I am so bossy, they had better decide! Don't blame me if we end up camped in a bog miles away from any toilets or food points! In reality I won't be able to resist and we'll be over in Paines/Dairy in a prime spot (Hopefully!).

Yeah. Left everything too late and am really anxious right now about getting everything together on time (procrastinating on here).

Plus the journey, the queues, the new security. All stressing me out when I should be mega excited.

Terrified, just need these last few days to be over as it's been such a rollercoaster and sure that something is going to go wrong. Even stopped the daughter from going to preschool as there's a case of chickenpox there, she is staying away now until the Tuesday after the festival!

Writing our list of things to pack and full of nerves and excitement at the thought of how real it all is now again 

10 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Have you looked in the Weather thread recently?  No need to worry about flip flops at the moment ..there is currently r*in talk over there :unsure:

No way it's going to rain on wed/thurs, keep the faith! I'm a stubborn bugger so if it does rain and you see a guy in flip flops, come and say hi!

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

Being a modern Motorhome it will be very much like driving a car, only a bit bigger, the only time you will really notice the size is when manovering, just take your time and if in doubt get out and check how much room you have, get your passenger to watch you in and out of tight spaces.

on the motorway my advice would be stay above 56mph then you won't have trucks up your arse or overtaking you.

bear in my mind when turning into entrances you will need to swing out a bit and not cut the corners and also be aware of how much 'arse' the MH has, how much Motorhome is behind the rear wheels, just be aware of this overhang as you make tight turns.

oh and revel in the higher driving position, makes driving in traffic so much easier.

Its a cinch. I was edgy the first time I did this but after an hour on the road it was quite natural. If anything it encourages a more laid back style behind the wheel as you're not continually overtaking. Get it up past 60 mph on the motorway, put the cruise control on and fall in behind a truck, give yourself plenty of time for overtaking and enjoy the ride. 

1 minute ago, naughtygeorgie said:

For sure, I'm holding fast with the NFR NFC...

I have been known to shorts and flip flops it in torrential downpours but probably not on the farm :) 

Don't know what all the fuss is about over on the weather thread, every forecast I'm looking at says dry until at least Friday and most of them until Sunday.  Like you say, NFR, NFC!  To be fair, as long as it's dry for the entry queue and putting the tent up, I'm happy as a fish.

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

First time I went I was literally sick with excitement. All over Birmingham bus station halfway through the coach journey. Getting the same midnight coach on Tuesday so need to remind myself not to eat a massive plate of pasta an hour before boarding

please god don't eat any fish either!

3 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Which shoes to wear if it's hot, hot, hot!  Like how sweltering are my feet going to be in stompy boots and walking socks when realistically I wear flip flops from about April til October... 

Exactly! I've taking some skate shoes but they look stupid with a couple of my outfits (whereas in my head wellies look fine with them...ha!) ...and my feet will still be hot! Flip-flops in a bag to save my feet from their sweat cages when stood near a stage for a while I reckon. Plus also taking a pair of pumps and maybe some other smaller trainers, just incase. Also will obv still take the wellies. 

But this doesn't sound like packing light to me!

3 hours ago, Skoo said:

I'm a little in the same boat as you. I still want to go but I am tempted to sack off my mates and camp with just my other half. I'm going with a few newbies this year, plus a couple of people who have been once before. We have a Whatsapp chat and everyone has been treating me like the Glastonbury information point and I've been happy to oblige.

However I've recently heard that a couple of my friends have referred to my attempts to actually organise us in terms of camping spot as "bossy and controlling" I'm absolutely gutted. They all loved me when I actually got them the tickets and told them what they need to buy. But for some reason, trying to get some sort of plan together on where to camp and how we're going to coordinate on arrival day, as some of us are coaching and some aren't, is a step too far.

I know if I go with them now, I will have this festering inside me and it will spoil my experience. And I will probably be really aggy with them and act like a dick :( 

Don't worry...I fully suspect that my friends are doing the same thing. None of them have actually called me bossy or controlling, but one of them changed my name on our Facebook group chat to "Glastozilla". I've thought about it, and I'm fine with that :D Definitely don't let it spoil anything. The nearer it gets, the more excited try all friends are getting too and by the time we all arrive it will be fun times all round. I'm sure it will be the same for you and your mates too...and if not, you are well within your rights to sack them off and hang with your other half. Or come and meet the other Glastozillas at the efests meet up!

2 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

"Friends" can be assholes Skoo... my "friend" took the time to msg me to have a go at me because all my fb timeline is about Glastonbury.  She seemed annoyed that I was excited.

Please don't let their negativity spoil your festival build up... I said my piece to her now I'm happily ignoring any further msgs 

My friend, who isn't going, also took it upon herself to email me and point out the frequency of my glasto fb posts (I hasten to add, its usually just me liking stuff, I'm surprised it even comes up on her newsfeed). When I told her it was because i was so crazy excited I was close to implosion she said "oh, I was just talking about it with (insert bfs name here) and we both agreed we weren't at all bothered not to be going.." WHY WOULD ANYONE SAY THAT TO ME??? I pointed out that was just because she'd never been before and thus had not been bitten by the crazy glasto bug

4 hours ago, Chewie said:

Don't know if this counts as nerves, but there's a little voice in the back of head saying be extra careful and avoid injuring myself

Might ask to go in goal for my 5-a-side game this weekend, to avoid any potential clashes 

I played Tuesday night (I'm very injury prone!) and I fretted about that for days beforehand. Came through it fine and then someone threw it out there that the 3 of us going to glasto should play next tuesday (we get the coach from the O2 Tuesday night/weds early Am).

I was incredulous, however the idea has grown on me.

no. What am I thinking?! My own worst enemy!

4 hours ago, Chewie said:

Don't know if this counts as nerves, but there's a little voice in the back of head saying be extra careful and avoid injuring myself

Might ask to go in goal for my 5-a-side game this weekend, to avoid any potential clashes 

Most of my footballing injuries have come from playing in goal.

I've broken my feet 3 or 4 times, lost count of broken and sprained fingers plus a nasty injury with a stud under my kneecap.

I don't play football anymore.  

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Most of my footballing injuries have come from playing in goal.

I've broken my feet 3 or 4 times, lost count of broken and sprained fingers plus a nasty injury with a stud under my kneecap.

I don't play football anymore.  

ive never worried about getting injured i would go with a broken leg, i am worried about getting ill . I have had a strange feeling in my ear and my head is all over that now thinking i have an ear infection.

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

ive never worried about getting injured i would go with a broken leg, i am worried about getting ill . I have had a strange feeling in my ear and my head is all over that now thinking i have an ear infection.

Probably just a build up of wax, will help prevent hearing damage from all the loud music we'll be experiencing. Always worth getting a little niggle looked at to put your mind at ease although with the modern NHS, trying to get a non emergency appointment this month at your doctors will be unlikely. 

We leave tomorrow morning at 4am. On top of a 2.5 hour drive to the airport though the mountains, my muffler decided it was done last week and it's about to fall off. That's the extent of my current nerves.

will of course get the butterflies as my pals pick us up from my parents to head down too!