Pre festival Nerves

shuttlep

21 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Don't know if this counts as nerves, but there's a little voice in the back of head saying be extra careful and avoid injuring myself

Might ask to go in goal for my 5-a-side game this weekend, to avoid any potential clashes 

I've been trying to get in shape for Glasto so I've got plenty of energy, but had an unfortunate trip-into-slip yesterday whilst running and now I'm just focused on not being injured. For about a minute I thought I'd done my knee ligaments, so I'm feeling quite lucky.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little nervous because I'm going down on my own on Monday to work for Fest Staff, so it's like that first day of school feeling but with the added excitement that only Glastonbury can provide.

I am definitely doing everyone's head in because Glastonbury is currently the only thing I talk about!

I'm equally excited and nervous at the same time. I didn't go last year, first time since 2009 id missed a Glastonbury, so there's excitement for going back, but I'm also nervous as I made an absolute fuck of it in 2015, epic proportions !

I'm also nervous as its the first time me and the wife have gone by coach. Travelling by train from Hull to Leeds on the Wednesday with all our stuff, then off to see The Stone Roses at Leeds Arena Wednesday night, but then we've got a 7am coach pick up Thursday morning which is a tad early after seeing The Roses the night before.

Right now it's nervous excitement but the morning we go I'll be worrying about everything not going to plan, not packing enough of everything, leaving something behind, going away and being semi uncontactable for 5 days. And once I'm there I'll be so happy that I have 5 days of our escapism ahead of me :rofl:

4 minutes ago, StePotts said:

I'm cacking it as we're hiring a motorhome which I'm driving down there from Manc. I've never even driven a regular van! So if you see a motorhome doing about 35mph on the M5 you'll know who it is.

just keep checking your mirrors and you will be fine

44 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep. I'm always a bit anxious until the pitch has been located and secured. From that second on, euphoria.

It's a brilliant feeling getting the tent up and finally relieving your plopper of contraband. 

Having been straight since 2009 I'm happy I no longer have all the anxiety the risk of getting busted brings with it but I still remember the feeling well. And the feeling of jubilation as you take your first victorious taste of the contraband. 

May the gods smile upon your bravery. 

13 minutes ago, eviepeach said:

Right now it's nervous excitement but the morning we go I'll be worrying about everything not going to plan, not packing enough of everything, leaving something behind, going away and being semi uncontactable for 5 days. And once I'm there I'll be so happy that I have 5 days of our escapism ahead of me :rofl:

give it an hour, and you'll be driving like white van man, I love driving big shit 

Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it.

I have genuinely considered not going. There are a lot of arguments in my flat at the monent. Though I have bought some stuff last night and this morning so I feel slightly better. Getting stressed out over the time being taken for my online consultation for a tonne of omeprazole to be approved as I cheaped out and got the slower delivery.

I also have a lot of work to do today and sort out my clashfinder for printing as it's my last day in the office. I'll do neither and stalk the weather thread. Fuck it all.

6 minutes ago, Untz said:

Stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it.

I have genuinely considered not going. There are a lot of arguments in my flat at the monent. Though I have bought some stuff last night and this morning so I feel slightly better. Getting stressed out over the time being taken for my online consultation for a tonne of omeprazole to be approved as I cheaped out and got the slower delivery.

I also have a lot of work to do today and sort out my clashfinder for printing as it's my last day in the office. I'll do neither and stalk the weather thread. Fuck it all.

I'm a little in the same boat as you. I still want to go but I am tempted to sack off my mates and camp with just my other half. I'm going with a few newbies this year, plus a couple of people who have been once before. We have a Whatsapp chat and everyone has been treating me like the Glastonbury information point and I've been happy to oblige.

However I've recently heard that a couple of my friends have referred to my attempts to actually organise us in terms of camping spot as "bossy and controlling" I'm absolutely gutted. They all loved me when I actually got them the tickets and told them what they need to buy. But for some reason, trying to get some sort of plan together on where to camp and how we're going to coordinate on arrival day, as some of us are coaching and some aren't, is a step too far.

I know if I go with them now, I will have this festering inside me and it will spoil my experience. And I will probably be really aggy with them and act like a dick :( 

Edited by Skoo

27 minutes ago, StePotts said:

I'm cacking it as we're hiring a motorhome which I'm driving down there from Manc. I've never even driven a regular van! So if you see a motorhome doing about 35mph on the M5 you'll know who it is.

Being a modern Motorhome it will be very much like driving a car, only a bit bigger, the only time you will really notice the size is when manovering, just take your time and if in doubt get out and check how much room you have, get your passenger to watch you in and out of tight spaces.

on the motorway my advice would be stay above 56mph then you won't have trucks up your arse or overtaking you.

bear in my mind when turning into entrances you will need to swing out a bit and not cut the corners and also be aware of how much 'arse' the MH has, how much Motorhome is behind the rear wheels, just be aware of this overhang as you make tight turns.

oh and revel in the higher driving position, makes driving in traffic so much easier.

Edited by Smeble

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I'm a little in the same boat as you. I still want to go but I am tempted to sack off my mates and camp with just my other half. I'm going with a few newbies this year, plus a couple of people who have been once before. We have a Whatsapp chat and everyone has been treating me like the Glastonbury information point and I've been happy to oblige.

However I've recently heard that a couple of my friends have referred to my attempts to actually organise us in terms of camping spot as "bossy and controlling" I'm absolutely gutted. They all loved me when I actually got them the tickets and told them what they need to buy. But for some reason, trying to get some sort of plan together on where to camp and how we're going to coordinate on arrival day, as some of us are coaching and some aren't, is a step too far.

Oh boy, yes. Of course, as the Glastonbury expert, if things go tits up then it must be your fault and not because other people are not engaging.

I've not even had the serious "where are we camping" chat. I'm dreading it. And I only have the other half to deal with.

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

Being a modern Motorhome it will be very much like driving a car, only a bit bigger, the only time you will really notice the wise is when manovering, just take your time and if in doubt get out and check how much room you have, get your passenger to watch you in and out of tight spaces.

on the motorway my advice would be stay above 56mph then you won't have trucks up your arse or overtaking you.

bear in my nod when turning into entrances you will need to swing out a bit and not cut the corners and also be aware of how much 'arse' the MH has, how much Motorhome is behind the rear wheels, just be aware of this overhand as you make tight turns.

oh and revel in the higher driving position, makes driving in traffic so much easier.

cheers for the advice. will definitely give myself a wide berth on corners! 

14 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I know if I go with them now, I will have this festering inside me and it will spoil my experience. And I will probably be really aggy with them and act like a dick :( 

Don't get me started on people like that. The classic night out situation where when you plan where to go, no one pipes up, and when you end up somewhere they don't like, they complain. I really wonder how some people ever get anything done.

Just now, EamerRed said:

Don't get me started on people like that. The classic night out situation where when you plan where to go, no one pipes up, and when you end up somewhere they don't like, they complain. I really wonder how some people ever get anything done.

None of them seem to know how to Google. It's always "when will we find out our coach times? Where is the coach going from? How much is food there? When is the lineup coming out?" Hundreds of questions.

I am also not confrontational, so whilst most people would just raise it with them, I tend to favour the roll of the eyes and passive aggressive tone of voice approach, which isn't ideal.

Argh!

Maybe I will team up with @Untz  and ditch them all, have a pro Glasto experience :)

Because of my nerves and anxiety big events like this almost always result in a huge crash on the day and a real low before I can get excited again.. 

I will start next week with sweaty armpits and raised blood pressure (I'm on two tablets as it is). All will subside when the van is parked up and I am in and settled. 

4 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

In my experience, these people don't really get anything done. If they didn't know people who helped them get Glastonbury tickets they'd be sat at home watching it on tv thinking "ooh I'd love to go to Glastonbury next year".

4 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Yes and yes.... Being the oldest in our group I'm often referred to as the grumpy old c**t or the know it all because I am about the only person who actually organised stuff! Kinda hurts when ppl have a dig

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

i just can't think about anything else, 

any conversation right now i could turn round in to festival talk

This ^^^

i have sooo much to do between now and Wednesday regarding work, dad stuff, packing, buying provisions and god knows what else

i will relax once I'm on the coach I think. In fact I'll probably be asleep!