Pre festival Nerves

shuttlep

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

the realisation that it starts next week is upon me . 

i have two working days left then the fun starts, the nerves are kicking in along with the excitement

anyone else feeling like this?

you complete git!!!!

I was perfectly calm, now, having read the thread I have developed a butterflies, and the feeling won't go...must dash, think I need the loo

It's difficult to be completely chilled, my excitement has only really kicked in this week, but I fret about getting in after the hassle last year, and getting out after having to use the services of a tractor for the first time. Nerves will be quelled when - hopefully - I'm overlooking the festival from the hill of death Tuesday afternoon 

Yeah I get that. Had a dream a couple of nights ago that I failed the security checks for no apparent reason and they refused entry.

Once I've packed my mountain of stuff I'll feel better I think. Tomorrow!

Also worried about getting ill or injuring myself this weekend. Silly really. Once I have a beer in my hand (probably en route on Wednesday) all will be good.

36 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Yep, as I'm going to be the first on site I've got to get in, find the pitch and set up tents. Once thats done I'll chill... 

Yep. I'm always a bit anxious until the pitch has been located and secured. From that second on, euphoria.

It's a brilliant feeling getting the tent up and finally relieving your plopper of contraband. 

Don't know if this counts as nerves, but there's a little voice in the back of head saying be extra careful and avoid injuring myself

Might ask to go in goal for my 5-a-side game this weekend, to avoid any potential clashes 

42 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

the realisation that it starts next week is upon me . 

i have two working days left then the fun starts, the nerves are kicking in along with the excitement

anyone else feeling like this?

All of this... coupled with the fact my mates motor has been packing up on a regular basis recently and there's 4 us plus kit & booze praying it will get us there from South Manchester way... A lot of people are worrying about the queuing times – I'll be only too happy to queue as it'll mean we've arrived!

Aaaah yes, I know that feeling well :) Part of the reason why I joined efests back at the start of the year, but now it's got a million times worse.

And yes...feel a bit nervous. About a range of things, including but not limited to; Taxi being late to the bus terminal, massive traffic jams, security dogs taking a disliking to me, not being able to put our tent up without a mallet, not being able to save space for a ten-man tent, getting so wasted I forget Radiohead, not being able to bribe anyone to see Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes with me, which fucking shoes to wear if its not muddy... 

100% worth it though :lol: The nervousness is all part of the fun!

6 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

Also worried about getting ill or injuring myself this weekend. Silly really.

Not silly at all, I've been avoiding contact with my coughing Son all week and a go-karting event this weekend (last time I broke two ribs!).

I'm always nervous before a festival, never happy until in and the tent is up. I've got to travel to an office 160 miles away on Tuesday, weighed up which form of travel would be the safest and booked a train. Now worried something will happen to the trains and I'll be stranded. 

Also worried about the bus to the coach station. The coach to the festival. The walk from the coach, getting in, finding our camp, thinking I've found our camp (where my tent will hopefully be waiting) and opening the wrong tent.

Once unpacked, mattress inflated, bag and valuables in the lockup, I'll be right as rain*.

*Worried about rain

16 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep. I'm always a bit anxious until the pitch has been located and secured. From that second on, euphoria.

It's a brilliant feeling getting the tent up and finally relieving your plopper of contraband. 

Brilliant