Campfire??

guitarbhoy1888

8 minutes ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

Would you just say there's enough space around campsites for fires though? 

I keep telling myself you'll be waking up to your next door neighbour tents are that close!!

They put free wood out so that people can have fires, so there's no official objection to them. What we have done in the past is to set up our tents so there's enough room in the middle of them to have a fire, but not enough room for someone to wander in while you are away from camp and pitch a 2  person tent there. Leave bags of rubbish in the middle, or put down a small ground sheet, so that others know that you are using that area. 

18 hours ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

Would you just say there's enough space around campsites for fires though? 

I keep telling myself you'll be waking up to your next door neighbour tents are that close!!

It depends on exactly where you are pitched. The more popular, central fields like Big Ground or Pennards get rammed. Adopting Yogurt on a Stick's approach is the best way forward, but don't be too surprised if someone unpegs your ground sheet or tidys the rubbish and shoehorns a 2 man tent in there! Not really a problem in the outer fields where there is much more space anyway.

47 minutes ago, musky said:

It depends on exactly where you are pitched. The more popular, central fields like Big Ground or Pennards get rammed. Adopting Yogurt on a Stick's approach is the best way forward, but don't be too surprised if someone unpegs your ground sheet or tidys the rubbish and shoehorns a 2 man tent in there! Not really a problem in the outer fields where there is much more space anyway.

I hadn't thought of that ie the more popular fields situation. I have only ever camped in what used to be called Top Webbs Ash, and know that you can get away with it there. 

12 hours ago, glastolover19 said:

Does anyone know how much they charge at firewood stall by other stage? Never usually manage to grab any the free stuff and usually bring some logs but cos of extra security/queuing hassle am packing light. Love a campfire and anyone welcome :)

Its a bit of a rip off, £6 a bag of wood that burns quite fast and a fiver for kindling i think... one of our group is a carpenter so we will be bringing a bunch of offcuts to burn, :) they lasted much longer than the stuff u can buy on the stall for some reason.

7 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

Its a bit of a rip off, £6 a bag of wood that burns quite fast and a fiver for kindling i think... one of our group is a carpenter so we will be bringing a bunch of offcuts to burn, :) they lasted much longer than the stuff u can buy on the stall for some reason.

Cheers for heads up buddy. Usually bring own logs too but this year was hoping to pack"light" gonna pack bag tomorrow and if got enough room then will bung in some logs and buy a bag there to top it up.