RY X

TobySinclair_

5 minutes ago, merago said:

Holy crap, check the stats for his Spotify Popular list!  I'm guessing Berlin featured in some TV series or film?

Capture.JPG

Was on the radio a lot. Probably further popularised by this

I don't like Sam Smith at all but it's a pretty good cover

Saw him at Green Man Festival a few years back. Loved the debut album too. Had just presumed this was a different Ry X as couldn't find any more information and that mostly the other acts on the same stage are all DJ's. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

Posted this in an earlier thread but it's definitely him and he'll be playing with his band. He's involved in the acid too who are playing that same slot every other night in the gas tower. I was over the moon when I saw him on the lineup by himself. I went to see him in Manchester last year and it was incredible. Said at the time that the only thing to better that gig would be to see him at Glasto. Definitely works better at night and in a small venue so happy he's where he is rather than early on the park stage. Unless you really love Justice then go and see him. He is even better live than on record. The whole room was mesmerised when I saw him - nobody said a word during the songs which I haven't seen before. Will be the perfect end to the festival. Well the bands bit at least. Perfectly placed in the SE corner to get to NYC Downlow for Masters at Work before the crowds descend. 

2 minutes ago, teejdee said:

Posted this in an earlier thread but it's definitely him and he'll be playing with his band. He's involved in the acid too who are playing that same slot every other night in the gas tower. I was over the moon when I saw him on the lineup by himself. I went to see him in Manchester last year and it was incredible. Said at the time that the only thing to better that gig would be to see him at Glasto. Definitely works better at night and in a small venue so happy he's where he is rather than early on the park stage. Unless you really love Justice then go and see him. He is even better live than on record. The whole room was mesmerised when I saw him - nobody said a word during the songs which I haven't seen before. Will be the perfect end to the festival. Well the bands bit at least. Perfectly placed in the SE corner to get to NYC Downlow for Masters at Work before the crowds descend. 

Cheers for the info! 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't go after the disappointment of not being able to get in on Thursday for the bomb film. My own fault for leaving it too late to make it through the crowds. Although apparently the sound wasn't working? 

Did anyone see Ry X ? I can thank the lineup and yourselves for introducing me to his music though!

I went too. When another band started just after 10pm I went and spoke to the sound guy. He said they switched the lineup around and RY X would be on after them. Went back an hour later and spoke to a guy setting up the stage for the next band and he said RY X was supposed to be there but hadn't got there yet. He checked with another guy who said they didn't think he would make it. 

What's odd is that he wasn't on the lineup posters at the venue, and there was no mention of Glasto on his Facebook page which listed all of his dates and festival appearances. Makes me wonder if he was booked at all. Certainly doesn't seem like he though he'd been booked. Messaged him on twitter that night but never got a response.

I was pretty gutted as Sunday was such a perfect day and was looking forward to ending it with him. At least I was in SE corner so got in to NYC Downlow for Masters at Work before they closed it off. 

Edited by teejdee