Bag tags

MattR88

6 hours ago, robin said:

I do need to figure out a way to fix a tag onto the toddler.

Amazon have some wrist bands you can add phone number etc on and toddler can wear. Few other festivals I've been to give these out on arrival. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Seriously. Can anyone explain what the useful purpose of this is? This has been dreamt up by an idiot who can't get a real job and shouts out random sentences in a committee. 

Jeez it's not difficult.

It's essentially so if someone leaves an unattended bag in a queue or a carpark they can simply call the owner and reunite them with the bag, rather than having to clear everyone in a 100m radius in case it's full of semtex and a kilo of nuts and bolts.

5 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Seriously. Can anyone explain what the useful purpose of this is? This has been dreamt up by an idiot who can't get a real job and shouts out random sentences in a committee. 

I'd assume so if someone wanders off and leaves a bag they can trace it to the owner asap rather than shutting the whole place down due to a huge security alert 

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Jeez it's not difficult.

It's essentially so if someone leaves an unattended bag in a queue or a carpark they can simply call the owner and reunite them with the bag, rather than having to clear everyone in a 100m radius in case it's full of semtex and a kilo of nuts and bolts.

What if that bag had a tag on it then?

16 minutes ago, char90 said:

I'd assume so if someone wanders off and leaves a bag they can trace it to the owner asap rather than shutting the whole place down due to a huge security alert 

Do people actually do this? Seriously? Fucking idiots. It would be better to tell everyone not to do it because if they do, their bag will be put in an idiot bin and when they come to collect it they can have their ticket torn up in front of them. How's that phone call going to work when there's often useless phone reception?

Edited by Superscally

31 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I won't be doing this. I don't want my name out there for all to see. 

I'm putting mine in strategic places. :D Vinyl tape sticks well to the metal ribs on the back of my rucksack, it turns out.  Only visible if I'm not wearing it, which is the only time anyone needs to know without asking.

Just take less bags.. I don't really want to be having my name on everything I carry and I won't but my large bags will have a contact number plus guy old son on them.. If it helps with safety then no worries.. 

On a plus point maybe the festival could take some of the names of the messy buggers that leave all there shit behind.. 

Just made up a bunch of labels for mine, using some battered old pound-land executive tags and a few plastic sleeves (from old Glastonbury Guardian guides). 

Since we are getting coach I guess there is some use in having labels and they seem to be pushing for it so may as well comply. Only putting name and mobile number though, no need for any extra info.

Edited by I am Jon

21 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Simply cannot believe are actually buying tags. Is anyone stupid enough to leave their bag lying around, on their own, able to write? 

If you know what the security arrangements are this year, and what will be happening to the bags, perhaps you could enlighten us?

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Do people actually do this? Seriously? Fucking idiots. It would be better to tell everyone not to do it because if they do, their bag will be put in an idiot bin and when they come to collect it they can have their ticket torn up in front of them. How's that phone call going to work when there's often useless phone reception?

Considering my mate watched someone put a suitcase down and wander off to the shop in Manchester Piccadilly the day after the arena bombing I'd have to say sadly yeah people just don't think sometimes. In that scenario the police were on it within seconds though (and she got bollocked) *quick edit to say I like the idea of an idiot bin :D 

Edited by char90