Bag tags

MattR88

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

What if they drag you away kicking and screaming for a cavity search?

They want to make sure they're destroying the correct bag at the same time :rolleyes:

You're gonna have to elaborate there, you've lost me

I walk up with my bag/s to security. Off they come for a search, 10 minutes later I'm free to go.. with my bags still attached to me. On I go to my campsite.. with my bags.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only logical reason for doing this is if any bags are found lying somewhere and are subsequently treated as 'suspicious'? They have to be seen to be doing something and are right to have extra security but bag tagging is a bit much for me

They aren't asking anyone to buy a solid gold luggage tag at the expense of £100 and have your name and number etched into it. They want a piece of card or material attached to your bag so in the event that someone leaves theirs behind/loses it off a trolley (this WILL happen to some people, the odds make it extremely likely), they can stave off a full-on emergency situation.

Seriously, the nerve-wracking ticket day, the ticket cost, the long wait, the equipment procured/acquired, the miles walked to camping site and then around the festival... and slapping a tag on the luggage is too much for you? Come oooon

Edited by SpeakingmyChanguage

2 hours ago, mattiosmith said:

Do we actually NEED them? I'm not going to be leaving by bag anywhere and if they're that important surely they should supply them to those of us without them?

Awaits down votes...

I don't understand why they should supply them? 

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Got two for a quid in Poundland. 'Executive' ones no less.

Sold.  Doing my poundland run tomorrow as it happens for all those cheap essentials.

11 minutes ago, robin said:

I do need to figure out a way to fix a tag onto the toddler.

Stapler.  Big stapler.

38 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Take a marker and make some friends in the queue too. I like it

That's a great shout - there's bound to be some who have forgotten or not even read the request. Won't do any harm to help folks and the festival in the process :)

I've got a spare 10 minutes at work now so will make some for me and the wife. Just going to write our details on a piece of paper then put sellotape around it a punch a whole in it then a bit of string to tie it to my bags. I will be doing this for all bags I have including my tent as that will be carried separate. I don't understand why people are moaning about it, its such a simple request that has been asked to be done way in advance, just do it. I've never lost a bag in 10 years but if I was to and it wasn't labelled I would be gutted, especially if it wasn't labelled and they thought it was dodgy so had to close the gate or something all for no label

Let's hope it doesn't piss it down at any point or all those paper/cardboard tags will be useless.  I don't know about you lot but my day bag gets trashed.  It is permanently covered in m*d, it rolls around on the ground, beer gets spilt on it, I can't be worrying that my luggage tag is intact. :lol:

Crazy idea.

2 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Assume they want it on day bags too just in case they get left lying around?

I think people coming in every day from the CV fields are worried about day bags and tags.

5 hours ago, mufcok said:

You're gonna have to elaborate there, you've lost me

I walk up with my bag/s to security. Off they come for a search, 10 minutes later I'm free to go.. with my bags still attached to me. On I go to my campsite.. with my bags.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only logical reason for doing this is if any bags are found lying somewhere and are subsequently treated as 'suspicious'? They have to be seen to be doing something and are right to have extra security but bag tagging is a bit much for me

I think the point is that this year isn't going to be like previous years, so we don't know what they've got in mind for the bags.

I've got to ask but if bag tagging is a bit much, what would you consider OK? I suppose cavity searches don't involve a purchase or bits of sticky tape and string. ;)

i have got some of these plant tie labels similar to these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOP-LOCK-LABELS-WHITE-16CM-TIE-ON-PLANT-LABELS-PLANT-TAG-LABEL-NEW-/251346785047?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

i am going to take a sharpie and share if needed

i also have some tyvek wristbands from another project that you can write on - quite handy luggage tags too.

I don't think they are asking people to put tags in to reunite people with lost bags, how many people here let their bags out of their sight? Or leave them somewhere other than their tent once they've pitched up? This isn't why you do it at an airport is it? You do it at the airport because you wave goodbye to your bag once it goes along that little conveyer belt at the check in desk and you don't see it for a long while afterwards. I personally think this is just aimed at being a detterant more than anything, but the only reason the festival would want any of us to tag our bags is if they would temporarily be out of our possession or grouped with lots of other bags (like at the airport) the plan might be to pass your bag through something or leave it with a group of other bags to be checked hence the tags. I personally don't think they will be doing this but I think they want to give he illusion that they will be, the illusion that your bag will be treated in the same way it would at an airport, hence the need for a tag.