Successful drunk clothing purchase?? Please tell...

nixxxnaxxx

Well, well, well....

Right inebriated on cider a few days ago I purchased online the most goldy looking top ever for my 3rd Glasto festival.  Arrived yesterday, I tried it on and immediately (sober) started dancing and a prancing, kicking legs, and getting excited bubblingly - the best drunk clothing I have ever purchased. I'm wondering has anyone else bought clothing drunk? If so what was it? Did you wear it? Have you still got it? Do you wear it at every festival? Most outrageous item? I'd love to know!!

My top, I love it, hubster loves it, can't wait for GLASTO now....

Thank you drunk online shopping, you are to be trusted.

:D:D:D:lol::D:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've not long got back from a holiday to Jamaica where there are a lot of American vacationers. With that in mind and just to take the piss, a few weeks before hand when I'd had a few ales I drunkenly ordered myself a red Donald Trump "Make America Great Again" cap to wear whilst there. On sober reflection the morning after I started to tremble at the thought of what particular type of American this might attract to myself on holiday. "Hey buddy, great cap. USA USA USA" needless to say, the cap didn't make the journey.....!! 

21 minutes ago, nixxxnaxxx said:

Well, well, well....

Right inebriated on cider a few days ago I purchased online the most goldy looking top ever for my 3rd Glasto festival.  Arrived yesterday, I tried it on and immediately (sober) started dancing and a prancing, kicking legs, and getting excited bubblingly - the best drunk clothing I have ever purchased. I'm wondering has anyone else bought clothing drunk? If so what was it? Did you wear it? Have you still got it? Do you wear it at every festival? Most outrageous item? I'd love to know!!

My top, I love it, hubster loves it, can't wait for GLASTO now....

Thank you drunk online shopping, you are to be trusted.

:D:D:D:lol::D:D

I think we need to see a picture of this top, it sounds amazing!!!

12 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I ordered an unusually loud shirt the other day whilst not actually drunk, but hungover in a woozy way. Will see whether that was a good move when it turns up!

Woo! - bought hubster a top also in my inebriated state, it's cheesecloth and of a 90's type of style - he also loves it. We either are in a glasto pre-madness state of happiness at the moment or I may have found my new job - drunk festival successful clothing purchaser!! :D

9 minutes ago, Bluebeth said:

Drunk bought this last year, will bring it but whether I'll wear it is another thing. Makes me look like a hippo in a tutu!! 

https://www.elsiesattic.co.uk/product/deep-berry-red-midi-tulle-tutu-skirt/

OMG...that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do it.....do it....do it.....:D:D

9 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

I've not long got back from a holiday to Jamaica where there are a lot of American vacationers. With that in mind and just to take the piss, a few weeks before hand when I'd had a few ales I drunkenly ordered myself a red Donald Trump "Make America Great Again" cap to wear whilst there. On sober reflection the morning after I started to tremble at the thought of what particular type of American this might attract to myself on holiday. "Hey buddy, great cap. USA USA USA" needless to say, the cap didn't make the journey.....!! 

LOL!!! I love it - drunk purchase - political and taking the piss and successful!!! 

Here is my golden top....it has been photographed next to my plant...and has given me ideas about green temporary hair (not even drunk for this idea!!) :D:D

I feel this top is the beginning of something....gold top....what next? gold hair? gold shoes (ooooooooo)

IMG_0673.JPG

9 minutes ago, dimus said:

Fine festival pantaloons. £15, made in Tibet and quality material.

20170615_144817.jpg

OMG....they are fabulous!!! I love the colour...what beverage 'helped' with your purchase? I wonder if different beverages determine different style of clothes?

2 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

They're sound them. You could easily imagine the Dali Lama stepping out for a night out on the lash wearing them. 

I think the tails for dangling in the unmentionable stuff under long drops are a lovely touch.

4 minutes ago, nixxxnaxxx said:

Here is my golden top....it has been photographed next to my plant...and has given me ideas about green temporary hair (not even drunk for this idea!!) :D:D

I feel this top is the beginning of something....gold top....what next? gold hair? gold shoes (ooooooooo)

IMG_0673.JPG

Beautiful!

2 hours ago, Bluebeth said:

Drunk bought this last year, will bring it but whether I'll wear it is another thing. Makes me look like a hippo in a tutu!! 

That's gorgeous!!! Though I do worry about the bottom of the skirt if it's a mudbath!

2 hours ago, Bluebeth said:

This is lush! Gold top also lush. Tibetan pantaloons would also get an up vote if I had any left (have been wasting them all whenever anyone puts a remotely favourable prediction up on the weather thread) just because I like the word "pantaloons".

I can't recall ever buying any clothes drunk before, but one dance music Saturday at Glastonbury my (male) friend purchased some very fetching blue neon hot pants, which he then wore for the rest of the festival. Definitely the greatest drunk clothes purchase I've ever witnessed :lol: 

Now i think about it, I don't know what happened to whatever he was wearing before he bought them...

Edited by Sasperella

19 minutes ago, nixxxnaxxx said:

OMG....they are fabulous!!! I love the colour...what beverage 'helped' with your purchase? I wonder if different beverages determine different style of clothes?

That would be gin.

I also got my mate a matching pair which I'll give him when I see him tomorrow.

Edited by dimus

10 minutes ago, Helephantelope said:

Guilty!

I woke up the day after attending a beer festival to find I'd ordered a Marty McFly hat in the taxi back home.

It's beautiful and multicoloured and shimmery and I regret nothing! 

ec45_back_to_the_future_marty_hat.jpg

GORGE! absolutely beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shimmery, shimmery!!!!!! I'm getting on it tonight I need a hat!!! I don't trust myself online shopping without booze now....god help me when I need to go glasto food shopping?? 

38 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Basically everything I bought for glasto I bought whilst drunk

I wonder if online drunk shopping is different to actual drunk shopping? At least I bought the right size online, if it was actual drunk shopping I may have super bravado and but something extremely short, tight or both! :D:D hey ho!!! 

i bought a tie dye shirt for a tenner from a man who didn't even have a stall, just a clothesline with the shirts on a while back. its a bit faded now but for a tenner it felt like a good deal.  here's a picture of it with a boot print on the back (apparently i got kicked in the back in a mosh pit? no  memory)

https://goo.gl/photos/KZPxGPZBPsCaxhwX6