Hay fever crew 2017

Swine_Glasto2014

Another Fexofenadine taker here. I went to a local festival in Bristol last weekend and thought i might have to claw my own eyes out after a night in the tent! 

They usual work OK, but aren't cutting it at the moment, so i don't have high hopes for next week. 

Does anyone have any recommendations of eye drops that you can take wearing contacts? I'm not so worried about not being able to breath through my nose (May be a good thing come the weekend), but it would be good to not have to deal with puffy red eyes!! 

xx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be taking tablets, vicks vaporub, pirinase nasal spray and optrex actimist eye spray. That eye spray was £13 so it better do the job! Figured its simple and easy to use at Glasto. I might still invest in some eye drops as well though and do them every morning / trip back to the tent. 

I get it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Edited by jyoung

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Only problem, it's in a little glass bottle, really small but still glass.

God sake. Just realised this. As if having to get extra inventive when hiding your stash this year wasn't enough, now you've got to hide your bloody hayfever paraphernalia. Sad life for us sufferers. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I'll be taking tablets, vicks vaporub, pirinase nasal spray and optrex actimist eye spray. That eye spray was £13 so it better do the job! Figured its simple and easy to use at Glasto. I might still invest in some eye drops as well though and do them every morning / trip back to the tent. 

I get it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

let me know how the eye mist goes! i'll try anything that helps even if i need to take out a wonga loan..

4 minutes ago, LaurenEdwards93 said:

let me know how the eye mist goes! i'll try anything that helps even if i need to take out a wonga loan..

I tried it this afternoon and its worked quite nicely. Provides relief for up to four hours. Nice and easy to slip in a bum bag or something at Glasto and grab when you feel the itches coming. Got mine at Boots Pharmacy... Maybe see if you can put down a deposit and pay in instalments.

Long term sufferer and seems to be hit or miss each year.

This year I seem to be getting it bad for some reason. 

Margate last weekend for Gorillaz was really bad on the Sunday.

Today too after Guns n Roses and have shitty cold that need to shift by Wednesday.

might be booze related. That has pollen in right?

On 2017-6-15 at 0:46 PM, Divein said:

I say this everytime but...

If you're taking bedding in/sleeping bags/ pillows make sure they are in bags that you're going to take them out of as the pollen stick to them as you're walking in.

Also washing your hands then your face with cold water just before you go to bed.

This is great advice.  Know your enemy -the sticky, microscopic, floating little bastards.

After an hour of walking through the dust filled air your hands and face will be coated.  DON'T rub your pollen covered fingers into your eyes.  If you need to rub them, go wash your hands, wash your face.  You'll feel human again.  Make sure you towel off so as to avoid being immediately re-coated.

Doing that a few times a day really reduces the symptoms for me.

I don't get it as badly as some of you people by the sounds of it (dust and pet allergies are much worse for me), but I take loratadine daily throughout summer. Also use beconase nasal spray, eye drops and Vaseline. I've also got a tub of some stuff called Haymax, which is a barrier balm for eyes and nose that is probably going to work about the same as Vaseline but worth a go.

Top tip for hayfever meds: chemist-4-u.com

So much cheaper than the high street. I usually get six packs of 30 loratadine for under a tenner.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

It's a bad year for it, worst since 2006 for me with eyes burning and feeling like I have flu. Heard back then it was Swedish pine pollen causing it. I'll be hitting the green peace showers every day from Wednesday morning to wash it off/stay pollen free and leaving sunglasses on even at night. Dare I say it but a little rain would be nice to dampen the dust and pollen too.

3 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Was on site today, my hayfever hit overload.

Dose up and remeber to wear sunglasses (I forgot mine and suffered).

Think this is something people forget. Sunnies. They not only block pollen from getting to your eyes, they also slightly decrease the urge to rub eyes non stop.

Smoking, particularly smoking weed, makes it worse I think. Although that might have just been the fact you're often doing that when sat on the grass.

Might have already been mentioned but the only eye drops that seem to work for me and within seconds of putting in, £3.50 currently on offer in ASDA. Thought I beat the bastard this year, past 2 days have been horrific.

opticrom-10ml.jpg

9 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Was on site today, my hayfever hit overload.

Dose up and remeber to wear sunglasses (I forgot mine and suffered).

9 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Think this is something people forget. Sunnies. They not only block pollen from getting to your eyes, they also slightly decrease the urge to rub eyes non stop.

It sounds simple, but don't forget to keep cleaning the glasses, they hold the pollen next to your eyes. I've got two packs of lens wipes plus I'll rinse them under water whenever I can.