Wednesday/Thursday Recommendations

StevieMcK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That's what I'm planning on, then possibly the Smyths, and I will try and catch Everything Everything plus some Love Bullets action. Thursday is basically massively stacked.

every single one of those will be absolutely rammed out of the tent as well. so get there early!

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Last year someone suggested Just a Couple of Mums, who were (and are) in the Spike. 

They were very funny and get a great atmosphere going in the bar, so it was a top place to shelter from the rain.

Saw them in 2015, without doubt a highlight of the festival, such a good atmosphere and cracking sing along tunes!  Will defo be there again this year!

1 hour ago, swede said:

This year were off  to Croissant Neuf to watch Rhythm of the 90's (Thursday 23;30 - 00:30), there an eight piece band who do covers of big 90's dance hits.

This is definitely on my list after looking at some of their videos on Youtube.

My group of mates use the Wednesday and Thursday to walk around all the green peace areas and visit the stone circle before getting side tracked by all the music Friday onwards.

We were there in 2015 and I remember a little wishing garden where people were writing down a wish and pinning it to the wooden frame, anyone know if that is there every year?

2 hours ago, Dan190984 said:

If we could avoid any further recommendations of this nature please. I want some room in the tent for me. 

But yes, this should be down as a must see.

This.  It was rammed enough last year, not all of our group made it in to join us.  Let's not also encourage people who aren't that fussed in the first place!  (But yes, great fun!)

New York brass band are always fun for brass covers of famous songs (and play multiple sets all over), rodney  branigan (1 man who guitars), show hawk duo (Williams green Thursday acoustic covers of dance tracks), just a couple of mum's as has been said.

I will add smooth sailors and that northern soul set to this list. Love Wednesday and thursday

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

On the Thursday night I always go to the unannounced dress rehearsal of the Arcadia spider show. Good way to get it in without missing a headliner. Top tip right there!

Cool - complete with lords of lightening? and fire?  As it's not on the lineup - do you just loiter around the field for a few hours or is there a rough time...

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Cool - complete with lords of lightening? and fire?  As it's not on the lineup - do you just loiter around the field for a few hours or is there a rough time...

I can't quite remember TBH! We do it most years, so it is a bit of a fixture. We know about it cos a mate's bro works in the bar for Arcadia. It's a bit scaled down but you get most of it. I think it usually happens around dusk if that happens. Maybe ask the security/tech bods in the field earlier in the evening?

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I can't quite remember TBH! We do it most years, so it is a bit of a fixture. We know about it cos a mate's bro works in the bar for Arcadia. It's a bit scaled down but you get most of it. I think it usually happens around dusk if that happens. Maybe ask the security/tech bods in the field earlier in the evening?

Cheers, will see if I can steer our wandering that direction

3 hours ago, Dan190984 said:

If we could avoid any further recommendations of this nature please. I want some room in the tent for me. 

But yes, this should be down as a must see.

Missed them last 3 years but saw them at Shiiine On Weekender and they were superb. As close to the real thing as you can get.

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

every single one of those will be absolutely rammed out of the tent as well. so get there early!

I know, the reality is I probably won't stick to any of them! Definitely plan to catch Eats and go from there, if everything else is rammed then there are plenty of other option, will probably head to the Blues.

3 hours ago, Dubya27 said:

I am child free on the wednesday and fancy doing a bar crawl. Will there be enough open to do a crawl? 

Yeah, definitely. We did exactly the same thing on the Wednesday in 2015 and got wasted! There's a thread about the bars on here somewhere.

3 hours ago, Dubya27 said:

I am child free on the wednesday and fancy doing a bar crawl. Will there be enough open to do a crawl? 

Yep, Weds is my favourite day to do a bar crawl and get back to grips with the whole site, ended up in NYC Downlow in 2015

Have a good one!