flushing toilets

Matt100121

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Matt100121 said:

Tbh I like privacy so I think I will use the portable toilets and just go early in the morning. My one biggest fear is someone pushing the toilet over when I am in it. Also it takes me about 20 minutes for a quick number two.

4 minutes ago, Matt100121 said:

No portaloos at all?

Not in the main site, just a few in the car parks. Off to the longdrops for you! 

3 minutes ago, Matt100121 said:

Are the compost one open air? Or enclosed?

Enclosed - covered in a canvas like material with a little roof.

The loss of the porcelain beauties hit me hard last year, but overall standards of the bogs have gone up immeasurably over the years.

29 minutes ago, Matt100121 said:

Ok cool, so you got some privacy? My idea is to going early in the morning when it is quiet. You only allowed to use toilet paper?

I'm also a 20 minutes for a quick one sort of person. The compost toilets are fine. Close the door and you are completely enclosed and private. The only issue you may have is someone changing the wheely bin underneath you if they get fed up waiting. I imagine if you go later in the day they'll get pretty hot as well.

So I try to go fairly early in the morning. Make sure the bin underneath is not full up, and then enjoy my morning constitutional.

As far as I know toilet wipes are fine if you prefer but normal wet wipes are not. Toilet paper is best and make sure you bring your own. Odds are good there won't be any when you need it.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, ukmountie said:

I'm also a 20 minutes for a quick one sort of person. The compost toilets are fine. Close the door and you are completely enclosed and private. The only issue you may have is someone changing the wheely bin underneath you if they get fed up waiting. I imagine if you go later in the day they'll get pretty hot as well.

So I try to go fairly early in the morning. Make sure the bin underneath is not full up, and then enjoy my morning constitutional.

As far as I know toilet wipes are fine if you prefer but normal wet wipes are not. Toilet paper is best and make sure you bring your own. Odds are good there won't be any when you need it.

Good luck.

I am not sure that any sort of wipes should go in the composters. Just loo paper and then sawdust on top. 

3 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

I am not sure that any sort of wipes should go in the composters. Just loo paper and then sawdust on top. 

Fair enough. I presumed they were OK as they can also go down toilets. Thinking about it a bit of a stupid assumption and I won't do that again.

2 hours ago, RyanS said:

20 minutes?  More fibre needed!  No wonder some of the queues are so long.

I would not do that in a situation where there was a queue. And I am generally quicker than that when at the festival anyway for reasons we shan't go into.

I blame an overly restrictive toilet training regime. :-)

24 minutes ago, Matt100121 said:

So I will get some privacy and not having someone banging the door?

Compost ones are completely private don't worry. No one bangs the door. They wait at the bottom of the steps a few feet away. Can get busy in the campsites though if you're not up early enough. Queues do move along though, avoid any with ukmountie in the queue though. 20 minutes. Ouch ha.

The metal long drops, some of the doors don't close properly and stay ajar even after putting on the hook closure on so choose wisely for number 2's and ladies taking a wee (men too I suppose who also like a posh piss).

Edited by D-Low