The Killers?

McCor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, russycarps said:

they were well ace in the tent in 2004. Scintillating atmosphere too.

not that anyone ever agrees with me on this. 

Couldn't get near the tent, was about 20 deep at the entrance. Sacked it off at the end as we could barely hear them.

Saw the at Birmingham Academy 2 a few months before and thought they were great.

I hated the new song after first listen. Left it for a few hours, stepped back from what I expected/wanted it to be and gave it another go and I love it. Battle Born was safe and middle of the road. The Man is fresh and interesting and is very promising for the new album, and the other new song Run For Cover (there are phone recordings on YouTube but decent quality) is completely different so I believe this is gonna be a good album full of variation.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

I hated the new song after first listen. Left it for a few hours, stepped back from what I expected/wanted it to be and gave it another go and I love it. Battle Born was safe and middle of the road. The Man is fresh and interesting and is very promising for the new album, and the other new song Run For Cover (there are phone recordings on YouTube but decent quality) is completely different so I believe this is gonna be a good album full of variation.

The complete opposite of the new Foo fighters song for me. First listen I loved that new FF one, having heard it since I think its pretty average.

Their headline set at Reading 2008 was magnificent. Seen them a few other times, including Royal Albert Hall (and I'm sure somewhere else) and was less impressed. 

Might be due to me liking their earlier stuff (and for what it's worth I love the second side of their debut, but the hits at the beginning would be better at a festival)

39 minutes ago, russycarps said:

they were well ace in the tent in 2004. Scintillating atmosphere too.

not that anyone ever agrees with me on this. 

I agree with you Russy.  It's was bloody hot in the tent that day due to the mass of bodies.

Pretty confident they're playing when you add up all the evidence:

1. Unprompted on days, Flowers said that they're in Athens the 'day before'. Why would you say that if your mind didn't immediately jump to Sunday (a day we know there's a prominent TBA). Also would be quite odd not to rule it out if they weren't playing anyway

2. BST exclusivity agreement meaning they couldn't be announced (health and safety argument here too)

3. Live on BBC over Chic, Haim etc  - definitely a big enough act to justify that. Also think they were labelled 'very special guests'

4. Fits with the 'big secret' - previous headliner, huge name, very much possible that it could've been in the pipeline for 6 months

5. Maccabees being ruled out of that slot and Neil implying Gorillaz are somewhere smaller leaves it open for them