Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He kicks lighting and equipment at every show though.

Yeah I know, on first reading I thought he was trying to come across as though he kicked equipment and accidentally caught her at the same. Looks like he's just saying he mistook her camera for lighting equipment.

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah I was going to say. It doesn't seem like a lie as the nature of their stage set up on this tour is that the lighting and stuff is there to be kicked/punched/whatever. 

It's still a poor excuse though. 

I read that it wasn’t the same stage equipment and he battered some of the lightning and stuff that Muse and 30STM had to use, which is again shitty and he needs to stop blaming it on ‘lost in the performance’ and have a look at himsen.

At the same time, people trying to slap a #MeToo narrative on this are clearly reaching and aren’t familiar with the dude’s history.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I read that it wasn’t the same stage equipment and he battered some of the lightning and stuff that Muse and 30STM had to use, which is again shitty and he needs to stop blaming it on ‘lost in the performance’ and have a look at himsen.

At the same time, people trying to slap a #MeToo narrative on this are clearly reaching and aren’t familiar with the dude’s history.

Ah okay fair nuff. But yeah I agree with what you've said there. 

This is clearly an attempt at stage theatrics that he has been doing every night. Though if it was malicious in anyway which it doesnt seem to be then obviously a shitty thing to do, but I don't think that's the case. The Me too movement is so important but i really hope that stuff like this doesnt get looped in and ruin careers while being offensive to those who actually are dealing with cases of assault. 
I am really worried that an side effect of the me too movement (which i hope continues to out despicable acts of violence of sexual abuse) will be giving excessive power to the internet without thought, even writing something like this feels scary nowadays cause of the absoloute "for and against" nature of argument we seem to be heading to. might just be me tho?   

2 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

This is clearly an attempt at stage theatrics that he has been doing every night. Though if it was malicious in anyway which it doesnt seem to be then obviously a shitty thing to do, but I don't think that's the case. The Me too movement is so important but i really hope that stuff like this doesnt get looped in and ruin careers while being offensive to those who actually are dealing with cases of assault. 
I am really worried that an side effect of the me too movement (which i hope continues to out despicable acts of violence of sexual abuse) will be giving excessive power to the internet without thought, even writing something like this feels scary nowadays cause of the absoloute "for and against" nature of argument we seem to be heading to. might just be me tho?   

Definitely not just you.

Also I think the "what if gender roles reversed??" types have been rightly met with such derision that in an incident like this where it does seem like they're playing up for clicks that it was a woman who got injured accidentally, it's like you risk your argument will be thrown in with that lot and that you're excusing actual domestic violence or something along those lines. Yet now we're seeing alleged 'hypocrisy' regarding the Nick Oliveri situation and some fans pondering the future of Queens and whether they wanna see them again... over kicking a camera. I mean if people wanna disassociate because he's a reckless dick and he's hurt someone and thrown around offensive language then they should, but he has previous for all of that anyway - it was only this year he was in another assault lawsuit iirc.

I do think it'll blow over quickly but I am quite taken aback by the reaction. I think most of the fans are united in saying that he should pay handsomely to settle this (just as he shoulda if he succeeded in only kicking the camera) and that he should do some reevaluation and perhaps rehabilitation, but the current social climate has people going wild about tearing down public figures.

Edited by dentalplan

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He's been fucked since July when he wrecked the stage and pushed amps over in Portland or somewhere or other. I think it's been well accepted among fans now that the health problems referred to in the Like Clockwork promotion were drug related and on that tour he rebounded from it well but it has been shitty to see on this tour. He's become one of the world's biggest rockstars without doing the coked-out lunatic thing so yeah, pack that in. He's right about "fuck Muse" tho.

?

he contracted MRSA no?

19 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

?

he contracted MRSA no?

After his knee op, yeah. But he also had drug & mental health stuff going on around that time too. 

EDIT: Actually the MRSA might not have been related to the knee. idk. he had a lot of shit going on then, basically. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

Stupid thing to do - one of my gripes with him is his on stage banter which can be cringingly juvenile at times - but I think this one is being blown out of proportion a bit. Looks like he just gave the camera a little kick, a swipe, and it smacked her in the face. Not good, it was a woman and I'm not defending it, but it was just a spur of the moment thing.

Didn't think there was a need for the 2017 style apology video. "Figure out some stuff........ my family, my mom, dad, wife, brother, kids...."

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Definitely not just you.

Also I think the "what if gender roles reversed??" types have been rightly met with such derision that in an incident like this where it does seem like they're playing up for clicks that it was a woman who got injured accidentally, it's like you risk your argument will be thrown in with that lot and that you're excusing actual domestic violence or something along those lines. Yet now we're seeing alleged 'hypocrisy' regarding the Nick Oliveri situation and some fans pondering the future of Queens and whether they wanna see them again... over kicking a camera. I mean if people wanna disassociate because he's a reckless dick and he's hurt someone and thrown around offensive language then they should, but he has previous for all of that anyway - it was only this year he was in another assault lawsuit iirc.

I do think it'll blow over quickly but I am quite taken aback by the reaction. I think most of the fans are united in saying that he should pay handsomely to settle this (just as he shoulda if he succeeded in only kicking the camera) and that he should do some reevaluation and perhaps rehabilitation, but the current social climate has people going wild about tearing down public figures.

Yeah I assume Josh will take responsibility for his actions but I can't believe we are heading to this idea of Judge Jury and Executioner, where commenters aren't satisfied with any attempt to apologise. Where one mistake could lead to the downfall of a persons entire life. Scary stuff. (disclaimer: I don't loop in sexual harassment as "one mistake", that stuff is clearly repeated knowing abuse of power)  

20 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

To me it shows he can be a belligerent homophobe.

I actually think this camera incident was an accident though. 

What, that he mistook the camera for a gay man? :D

He's quite clearly not homophobic given his choice of company but it's an ill-choice of word and deserved to be chewed out over it all those years ago, sure. Just as the other night when he was calling people 'retards', I'm not under the impression he's ableist and if he was then that should be the headline really. Just a bad thing to say separate from his actual feelings towards people.

23 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I think he was sincere here. The first statement I think was generated by his publicist or someone else. The photographer has photos of him looking right at her just before the kick so it was not accidental. The gear the pit photographers use can be in the $10K  range and up so yeah dick thing to do. But from the video I saw he looked kind of messed up so that is most likely part of it.