Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Just got my tickets via this presale, code is HIDEAWAY18.

Buzzing for this one. I've got a QOTSA t shirt and an RTJ bandana if anyone knows where I can pick up some Iggy Pop shoes.

You'll be hauled in the van by the band-you're-seeing shirt police as soon as you get to Finsbury Park station.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You'll be hauled in the van by the band-you're-seeing shirt police as soon as you get to Finsbury Park station.

Hahaha, how would everyone at the Queens of the Stone Age gig know that I like Queens of the Stone Age though if I didn't wear a Queens of the Stone Age t shirt?

Tbf in my head (ayyyyy) it's ok at a festival but not at a gig. I might sheepishly put this one down as a festival.

55 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Hahaha, how would everyone at the Queens of the Stone Age gig know that I like Queens of the Stone Age though if I didn't wear a Queens of the Stone Age t shirt?

Tbf in my head (ayyyyy) it's ok at a festival but not at a gig. I might sheepishly put this one down as a festival.

You won't be the only one. Saw hella QOTSA shirts at the gig last week - so many even that I couldn't perform a citizen's arrest as I normally would. 

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Just got my tickets via this presale, code is HIDEAWAY18.

Buzzing for this one. I've got a QOTSA t shirt and an RTJ bandana if anyone knows where I can pick up some Iggy Pop shoes.

Thanks for that, I've just got mine as well.

Can't help with the Iggy stuff, but while we are on memorabilia, when I was scrabbling around in my attic the other day  I found a promotional Rated R book of matches that i must have been given when i first saw them at Leeds in 2000

Edited by tjamest

Deap Valley, Black Honey and Skinny Girl Diet added, it just gets better and better. I've been waiting to see Skinny Girl Diet for years, finally did a few weeks ago and they did not disappoint. Their album cover for their debut is maybe the coolest/punkest/grossest album cover of last year, I love them. Black Honey are fun enough live as well, seen them a few times. 

DP1d3dmVoAEFJrg.jpg:large

The kick was quite clearly deliberate, I’d like to think he never meant to injure her but kicking her camera is just unnecessary and wrong.

I feel like Josh has been behaving in a pretty odd way this tour. He seems to be getting wrecked every night and trying to pull off some hardman rock star act when it just comes across terribly. I get that he’s always been like that but it feels like it’s been exaggerated on this tour. I think there comes a point when you’re mid 40s and have kids that you need to realise you can’t behave quite so recklessly anymore. 

Edited by kingcrawler

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The kick was quite clearly deliberate, I’d like to think he never meant to injure her but kicking her camera is just unnecessary and wrong.

I feel like Josh has been behaving in a pretty odd way this tour. He seems to be getting wrecked every night and trying to pull off some hardman rock star act when it just comes across terribly. I get that he’s always been like that but it feels like it’s been exaggerated on this tour. I think there comes a point when you’re mid 40s and have kids that you need to realise you can’t behave quite so recklessly anymore. 

He's been fucked since July when he wrecked the stage and pushed amps over in Portland or somewhere or other. I think it's been well accepted among fans now that the health problems referred to in the Like Clockwork promotion were drug related and on that tour he rebounded from it well but it has been shitty to see on this tour. He's become one of the world's biggest rockstars without doing the coked-out lunatic thing so yeah, pack that in. He's right about "fuck Muse" tho.

Edited by dentalplan

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What a twat. They won’t be at Glastonbury again.

You don't seriously think this is gonna take his career down do you? If he ran up and volleyed her in the face maybe but this is something dumb that he (apparently, at the moment) won't even face charges for. I know we're cleaning careers into the bin every week now but this is not that day.

"Last night, while in a state of being lost in performance, I kicked over various lighting and equipment on our stage. Today it was brought to my attention that this included a camera held by photographer Chelsea Lauren. I did not mean for that to happen and I am very sorry. I would never intentionally cause harm to anyone working at or attending one of our shows and I hope Chelsea will accept my sincere apology.—Joshua Homme"

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

"Last night, while in a state of being lost in performance, I kicked over various lighting and equipment on our stage. Today it was brought to my attention that this included a camera held by photographer Chelsea Lauren. I did not mean for that to happen and I am very sorry. I would never intentionally cause harm to anyone working at or attending one of our shows and I hope Chelsea will accept my sincere apology.—Joshua Homme"

Bit of a crap statement that. He doesn't appear to kick any lighting and equipment in the video either, just swings straight at her camera.

Yeah I was going to say. It doesn't seem like a lie as the nature of their stage set up on this tour is that the lighting and stuff is there to be kicked/punched/whatever. The video is what? 15 seconds of the show. 

It's still a poor excuse though. 

Edited by the wonderwhy