Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

:( Sorry to hear that man, it'll make this in June even better though!

I've just booked a travelodge for it already. Unmissable gig.

Cheers mate, yeah the lineup looks great and I'm really pleased I have a chance to see then again on this tour, the 10ish minutes I saw last night sounded great :(:lol:.

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That’s some lineup! Likelihood of it selling out fast? Can’t afford it now but would definitely like to get a ticket at a later date.

Can't see it selling out in a flash like Liam G did. What's the capacity? 45-50,000ish were there for Arctics I think 

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

49k apparently. Was there for the Stone Roses a few years ago and it felt dangerously overcrowded.

Was aite at Arctic Monkeys although I did admittedly take myself out of a fairly crowded situation and stand towards the back of the front section (looooooads of room there. Could've had a footie match or something) 

55 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

A mate lives in Hornsey which is round the corner so hopefully I dont need to sort a hotel out. 

Unmissable line up.

What is finsbury park like for a gig?

Pretty standard- trek to get to, busy bars and expensive food. Set up and sound are good enough though. 

Not sure if it's changed a great deal now they have a second stage for stuff there. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Thinking about getting a VIP ticket, is it worth it?

It's usually just access to a cordoned off area with a bar (not free) and slightly nicer toilets. I don't know if Finsbury park do a seperate standing section for VIPs like hyde park. Hopefully not.

9 minutes ago, evilduck said:

It's usually just access to a cordoned off area with a bar (not free) and slightly nicer toilets. I don't know if Finsbury park do a seperate standing section for VIPs like hyde park. Hopefully not.

So pretty much no point Haha. I’ll just have to queue early to get to the front 

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

A mate lives in Hornsey which is round the corner so hopefully I dont need to sort a hotel out. 

Unmissable line up.

What is finsbury park like for a gig?

It's ok. As a venue I prefer it to Victoria Park and Hyde Park. Suffers from the same issue as most other outdoor urban venues in that the sound can be quite low. It's also a pain in the ass when they block off the nearest tube station after the show for crowd control and you have to walk a fair distance to Holloway Road or Arsenal. Of course the solution to this is to drop into some pubs en route, but as you'll be in Hornsey anyways, that ain't gonna be a problem!

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Up in Edinburgh now, just walked past the venue and can't believe they're playing somewhere so small. Well excited 

It’s a really nice venue, every gig I’ve seen there has been great. A while back I was thinking of selling my ticket for tonight as it’s quite expensive and I’ve got exams coming up but I’m really glad I didn’t now, can’t wait for tonight.

Thought they were really good tonight, though its a shame it ran on so late as I had to miss the last couple of songs waiting on the cloakroom (they weren’t letting anyone down for 15-20 minutes) as I had to rush for my train. Can’t complain with a 2 hour 20 minutes set, just wish they’d started earlier! 

Really good setlist though, Monsters In the Parasol, I Appear Missing and Sick Sick Sick were the highlights for me.