Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

For the last six years i had convinced myself that they did change set lists around all the time, but this was purely based on on the fact that i saw two totally different sets from them in a couple of days. Glastonbury '11 on the Sunday followed by Bournemouth Academy on the Tuesday.

It was only a few months ago that i realised that Glastonbury was a fan based setlist of the 10 favourite songs from a list of 50 and Bournemouth was back to their standard tour set

6 hours ago, tjamest said:

For the last six years i had convinced myself that they did change set lists around all the time, but this was purely based on on the fact that i saw two totally different sets from them in a couple of days. Glastonbury '11 on the Sunday followed by Bournemouth Academy on the Tuesday.

It was only a few months ago that i realised that Glastonbury was a fan based setlist of the 10 favourite songs from a list of 50 and Bournemouth was back to their standard tour set

I followed them on the last tour a bit and 3 shows I saw were 21-21-23 songs long and in total 28 different ones. That's not quite Pearl Jam level but it's decent for big bands. This year they aren't mixing that much, don't know why. 

Have to agree about Josh’s patter. Tired gags and practically painful lead-ins to songs. Only a minor complaint tho as they’ve still got everything else going for em, and Josh has obviously had more than a steady amount of Tequila.

And he clearly shares it with the singer from Broncho, who were brilliantly bizarre. A lot of the crowd legit hated it but for me they came across more interesting than on record and I’d love to see them again.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That gig next summer looks all types of fun, but already got loads on and not sure I can justify it right now.

I share these thoughts, I might look into getting last minute tickets if there are any knocking about. 

£58.50 a ticket is too much at the moment.

Edited by Tommy101

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Ruined my ankle 10 minutes into Queens, so missed pretty much the entirety of their set getting checked up in a medical room. Bummer. That Finsbury date eases the disappointment a little tho. 

:( Sorry to hear that man, it'll make this in June even better though!

I've just booked a travelodge for it already. Unmissable gig.