Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

16 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Hyde Park is, in theory, a great place for gigs & it would a massive shame if they stopped because (and I had sounding like some Brexiteer nostalgia drone) there's actually a fair bit of history to it & it's probably THE place in London (maybe even the UK) the majority of people know about when it comes to live music

Someone should probably grow some balls and tell the whiners to put up for two weekends- I bet those complaining are hardly ever in their flats anyway. 

That said, MK Bowl is much more likely, yeah. 

Really?! As a Nortnerner Hyde Park would be well down on my list of famous UK venues for live music.

I'll do a list!

1. Glastonbury - without question. Goes without saying

2. Wembley -  live aid, the Mandela, freddie mercury gigs along with loads of very famous live shows. It's a stadium, but it's held some mammoth events. 

3. Knebworth - Never been, but loads of massive gigs there. Oasis and Robbie Williams in my lifetime that stick out. My dad saw Led Zep there.

4. Reading -  Never been, but it is pretty famous.

5. Blackpool Empress Ballroom -  Again I've never been, but it is an iconic venue

6. Brixton Academy - The best "academy" I have been too. My favourite London venue.

On 03/08/2017 at 10:52 AM, priest17 said:

also, I was convinced by the new song after enough listens, think it'll get even better in the context of the album. Sounds killer live 

Just remembered to go back and watch this and yeah, that's infinitely better. Can actually hear the rest of the band now.

The leak's pretty quiet and has a noticeable volume drop towards the end of Un-Reborn Again if that's any consolation. It's decent enough quality, just a bit quiet. 

Only listened once so far but it seems pretty good, the first two and last two seem the best so far though obviously it needs time to grow on me. Wasn't a huge fan of the single when it was released but it bangs in the context of the album.

51 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Found the first half so dull I've lost motivation to even finish the album. Really not exciting me at all, and I love QotSA usually. Just seems like they don't really have any ideas.

Aye I got through the first half on my way to work and it wasn't blowing my socks off. Maybe a slow burner but it seems very one-note to me and really lacks the variety of sounds I thought ...Like Clockwork had. Will persist though as I've been looking forward to this for ages. 

Also finished it now. Wouldn't go as far as to say it's arse and I'll refrain from giving a proper verdict on it just yet but not an awful lot caught my ears on my one and a half listens and I think it's due to the lack of (m)any real hooks or choruses. Head Like a Haunted House is the most instantly likeable I thought but the rest will need a few spins to (hopefully) get to grips with.

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Does the sound drop out massively for everybody from mid-Un-Reborn again and for the rest of the album? Got my stero on at full and it still sounds incredibly quiet for two and a half songs.

Yeah just cuts in the middle of the track. Probably just the leak being bad quality though. Same with the gaps between some songs which clearly aren't meant to be there.