Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

Just now, Odessa said:

Don't give up mate. 

The moment I clicked reply to see your response I got in! Very lucky as I was about to smash my laptop into pieces if I had to do those awful captcha questions again. 2x standing for O2. Was looking to get 4 so will be back on the hunt tomorrow :D

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

The moment I clicked reply to see your response I got in! Very lucky as I was about to smash my laptop into pieces if I had to do those awful captcha questions again. 2x standing for O2. Was looking to get 4 so will be back on the hunt tomorrow :D

Nice! I got in at 9:00 so really is luck of the draw with Ticketmaster which is why I hate it. The countdown for the presale was about 5 seconds ahead for me than my brother too, such a shit website. At least they didn't even have me pissing about with the daft "click the pictures of restaurants" shit they usually do.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Quick And To The Pointless for me, played once since 2004. Or You Would Know, last played in 2011.

They need Nick for QATTP so I doubt that'll be seen again unless he does another guest spot with them. 

More S/T stuff would be wonderful. Feel like they've retired most of it (basically all bar Mexicola & Avon) since the reissue tour but maybe they'll find a way to bring some of it back hopefully.

River in the Road would be my chosen deep cut - never made it off its album tour.

Gave up after half an hour earlier and agreed with friends that it will just be best to catch them on the flip side next summer at a festival. Just now finding out there was a problem and more tickets came back on sale but I think I'm happy to wait now instead of Manchester Arena.

My deep cut of choice would be I Never Came but I dunno what its status is in terms of being played live.

Decided to swerve tickets for this tour because of LCD Soundsystem tickets and not being able to afford both. I'll probably try pick up a ticket closer to the time if I can afford it. Can see myself dropping the money on QOTSA and Nick Cave tickets (if I can find any) as soon as my student loan drops in Sept.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They need Nick for QATTP so I doubt that'll be seen again unless he does another guest spot with them. 

Yeah it wouldn't be the same with Josh singing but like there are other songs he doesn't sing on record that still get a live outing so you never know. 

I met Nick in March and he seemed a nice guy who had his head screwed on (and he was fully dressed), so maybe time for Josh to give him a call.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Yeah it wouldn't be the same with Josh singing but like there are other songs he doesn't sing on record that still get a live outing so you never know. 

I met Nick in March and he seemed a nice guy who had his head screwed on (and he was fully dressed), so maybe time for Josh to give him a call.

True but I think he steers clear of Nick's songs out of respect apart from Millionaire, but that wasn't originally a Nick song.

Nick has a right to a career but Josh made the right decision in kicking him out and Mikey's now been in the band for almost ten years, is pretty well liked and I think many are hoping he can become a more prominent member on this record after successful side projects and stuff. Maybe if they'd never managed to permanently replace him but now there's no place for Nick in the band.