11) Beat Hotel Cocktail and Pancakes 
12) Axe throwing
14) Temple & NYC Downlow 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

First time going to the festival without any molly! Bad times on the planning front. How easy is it at the Stone Circle to find? 

I feel your pain simian. We only just managed to get some ourselves today. Be interested to know how easy it is for future/ if we run out or gets ours siezed though!

9 hours ago, dimus said:

Be married.

Getting married at Glastonbury registery office on Monday.

Also it's going to be the first festival in our campervan.

Not lugging a ton of crap across site and being knackered before it's even begun is going to be weird. 

Congratulations. Most memorable, hope everything turns out peachy.

Edit - Oh yeah, topic.

Been a few times so have ticked off most things incidentally. Aim to get a frozen Mojito from the bar at West Holts if the weather is nice. Worked it a couple years ago and served them all day but never got to try one and didn't know they existed until then. That's if someone remembers to turn the machine on.

Edited by The_Amazing_Oblong

6th Glastonbury and quite a few things I've not done

1. Go to stone circle
  2. visit stone dragon
  3. actually go in NYC Downlow not just be outside
  4. watch someone at Avalon (Lissie)
  5. Visit trickets bar
  6. Go watch someone at The Crows nest
  7. Visit the wood

7 hours ago, Skelts said:

One of my highlights, it's epic. The Electric men (Lords of Lightening?) are just amazing to watch.

I'm really looking forward to my Saturday evening - Joe Goddard on the Patk, then Jon Hopkins at Arcadia followed by the show

It's only my second time, so way behind most of you lot, but-

1. - see an act on The Glade - there were plenty of acts there I was keen on last time (2015), but it either lost out in clashes, or I was just the other side of the site, having a blast.  This year, I'll be watching The Beat's set.

2. - seeing Radiohead.

3. - (possibly) Skipping a headliner - my mates are going to be watching Foos.  I don't hate Foos, so, depending on mood, I may hang around after The National, but, I suspect I'm going to swerve all the headliners and head to the SE corner early on Saturday night - there's plenty there I'm keen to see.

10 minutes ago, merago said:

1. - see an act on The Glade - there were plenty of acts there I was keen on last time (2015), but it either lost out in clashes, or I was just the other side of the site, having a blast.  This year, I'll be watching The Beat's set.

2. - seeing Radiohead.

3. - (possibly) Skipping a headliner - my mates are going to be watching Foos.  I don't hate Foos, so, depending on mood, I may hang around after The National, but, I suspect I'm going to swerve all the headliners and head to the SE corner early on Saturday night - there's plenty there I'm keen to see.

This will be my 9th and will be seeing my first act on the Glade this year!

I also highly recommend skipping a headliner if your not fussed about any of them; the SE corner without massive crushes allows you to get truly immersed in the whole area.

My first is to try and to spend a "proper" night out in the park, flirted with that area a lot in the evening, but always seem to end up wandering SE way. Suggestions for a good dance up there this year anyone?

8 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Cough** alphabay 

but the answer is pretty fricking easy to get all over site so i wouldn't worry 

Looks like I'm going without this year too, I've just tried this and found it a bit complicated to set up, will try again when I've woken up properly.

Charm x

12 hours ago, merago said:

2. - seeing Radiohead.

The Glade is one of my go to places day or night if I haven't got anyone in particular to see and I fancy a break from bimbling about. Such an amazing set up up, especially The Glade Stage, and such a great atmosphere.

I think I'll find myself wandering in that direction after Radiohead to check out Elrow on Lovebullets.

First time having accepted that I am now a middle aged person.

Not that that would change anything at all really, if it wasn't for...

First time taking a toddler.

Also might try to see a Park headliner, go in the rabbit hole, and visit Strummerville. Need to check out Cinerarmageddon too of course.

On 14/06/2017 at 7:54 PM, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah, that's crossed my mind too, esp with the new security. Good luck and god speed... so to speak 

my luck has failed us again and I've been let down yet again! Perhaps see you in the stone circle after all!

sorry that exclamation mark might male it appear i am being jovial, in fact I am getting just a little stressed!