Football 17/18

TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So the Sevilla manager told the players he had cancer at half time. 

wow! :blink:

As it's not (apparently) bullshit that he has cancer, I can only admire his management skills, and his confidence that it would boost his team and not destroy them further.

Best of health to him, and I hope it's something he gets past.

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

What does Chelsea finishing top have to do with it? Just thinking as English teams can't meet until the quarter finals...

Then the pool is smaller who they can draw. 

At the minute they could face PSG, Barca or Besiktas. Add in Roma if they finish above Chelsea, if Liverpool finish runners up that is. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

On the Delph v Henderson debate, surely the reality is both are average/good premiership players and if put up for sale would be targeted by mid table teams.

Henderson maybe but Delph probably being a premiere league title winner and in the England squad probably has him back for bigger teams

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

Henderson maybe but Delph probably being a premiere league title winner and in the England squad probably has him back for bigger teams

That makes no sense whatsoever...

Henderson has played 10 times the amount for England than Delph has in the past few years and is a mainstay in the team. Delph has barely played for club or country for the best part of 2 or so years and is now only in the team because of injuries in a position he doesn't normally play...

They are much of a muchness for me. Europa league level. But as of right now I'd probably favour Henderson purely because of playing time.

10 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

he's far from a faultless player, but you can't really use a snapshot from a single game as a way to rate him.

And, of course, with his average much better than those numbers, it means he'll be bettering that average at times to make up for the bad ones.

54 minutes ago, mjsell said:

That makes no sense whatsoever...

Henderson has played 10 times the amount for England than Delph has in the past few years and is a mainstay in the team. Delph has barely played for club or country for the best part of 2 or so years and is now only in the team because of injuries in a position he doesn't normally play...

They are much of a muchness for me. Europa league level. But as of right now I'd probably favour Henderson purely because of playing time.

and if both players were 100% equal on skills, a Prem buying club would probably go for hendo first,  just because of his younger age (and so resale value).

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and if both players were 100% equal on skills, a Prem buying club would probably go for hendo first,  just because of his younger age (and so resale value).

I'm not sure 6 months makes much of a difference. 

In reality, contract length would be the biggest factor in any hypothetical fee.