Football 17/18

TheGayTent

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

Interesting opinion, what do you mean?

Pulis is a lying thieving git. Plenty of 'em in football it's true I guess. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-38136496

Fact remains, why would Pulis be interested in the Welsh job when he could take a job in the championship if he wanted that would pay far more money? 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that some desperate top flight club might take him in the not too distant future. 

1 minute ago, TheGayTent said:

Fact remains, why would Pulis be interested in the Welsh job when he could take a job in the championship if he wanted that would pay far more money? 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that some desperate top flight club might take him in the not too distant future. 

No idea if Pulis would be interested in the job, but I do think it's likely that Wales will be interested in him (unless he's maybe knocked them back before now...?). The timings make it a no-brainer.

I'd guess Pulis' own interest will be decided by how he sees his future from here. If he feels he's not going to get a decentish club job &/or fancies slowing down a bit.

36 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I doubt Pulis would be interested in the Welsh job - he's motivated purely by money - or at least has been. The Welsh job pays (comparative) peanuts. 

Indeed. Word around the campfire is that he's skint at the moment as a result of the Palace legal case. Can't see him taking that Wales job any time soon, although he has said he'd like it one day. I could easily see him holding out for Swansea to get desperate and parachute in for another nice, fat survival bonus (paid upfront of course).

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Pulis is a no-brainer, given the timings of the vacancy and his own unemployment. That's precisely why I said what i did.

Whether or not he'll be good for them is another thing. He's definitely good at getting something better out of (comparatively) limited players, but whether that'll work with the limited time he'd have with players as national manager is perhaps another thing.

Ah, fair enough. 

That's the same for every international manager although I guess his philosophy of football has to be 'trained into' the players more than other philosophies. 

22 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

I doubt Pulis would be interested in the Welsh job - he's motivated purely by money - or at least has been. The Welsh job pays (comparative) peanuts. 

I agree, the types of managers who would consider Wales are probably those looking in the championship for jobs. Pulis will probably get one more chance in the premiership with a big survival bonus.

Thought Spurs did well to go away to Dortmund last night and come from behind. Liverpool on the other hand with their best AC Milan 2005 impression. With Real Madrid second and either Barca or Juve and PSG or Bayern to occupy other second place place spots, finishing first doesn't necessarily give you an easier draw in the knock outs!

Liverpool's shitting the bed defense has put them in a last group game winner takes all situation with Spartak Moscow. In Liverpool's favor they have home advantage and the draw is good enough for them also. However, they will still have that defense and as such will never be safe, as last night attested 

4 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Liverpool's shitting the bed defense has put them in a last group game winner takes all situation with Spartak Moscow. In Liverpool's favor they have home advantage and the draw is good enough for them also. However, they will still have that defense and as such will never be safe, as last night attested 

Could be very important that Liverpool win there group, especially if chelsea get top spot tonight. 

5 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Moreno, again. 

But don't forget, Sevilla are a good side, not beaten at home for a year.

Liverpool could have been 2-1 down after about 15 minutes, without much of that being due to defensive cock-up (instead, cos Sev are decent!).

Still shouldn't have let that happen, but ho-hum.

-----

interesting stats (from memory) said by the commentator last night:

James Milner: 100 games for Liverpool, many as sub, about half as left back....

14 goals.
31 assists.
198 chances created.

Not bad for an old freebie!