Football 17/18

TheGayTent

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

:lol:

are you really pretending it was nothing to do with Moaniho telling them to park the bus?

It's what he always does when he goes to Anfield.

Course. Hardly needs to be said. What I mean is when Utd were going forward they were terrible. 

Makes no difference anyway. No one is catching City. 

Arsenal then. Ancelotti available....

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Really ?

Anywayz, Coutinho really is a beautiful football player.

The money is crazy obviously but it’s clear why Barca won’t drop their interest. 

Yeah I kept my mouth shout over the summer with his transfer saga, he obviously isn't worth the money being offered (is anyone?) but I really like him as a footballer. He's the sort of player that if he does eventually go to Barca he will look even better as well because of their style of play, less of a defensive responsibility and better teammates. 

So, fellow fans of the undeserving and characterless England. We will be in Pot Two for the World Cup draw alongside Spain. Potential opponents from Pot One are Russia who qualify as hosts, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland and France.

Russia or Poland if we stand any chance of getting out of the group then?

edit. Just checked out the branding. Why does the World Cup always use the shittest typeface.

Edited by jyoung

2 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

There would be absolute murder if that happens............

Would be the opening game of the tournament as well.

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The winner:

My favourite World Cup (that I didn't live for). Gazza's tears, that Lineker look, World In Motion. What a tournament. Would have loved to be an 18 year old lad at the time and gone on the crazy journey.

Edited by jyoung

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Would be the opening game of the tournament as well.

My favourite World Cup (that I didn't live for). Gazza's tears, that Lineker look, World In Motion. What a tournament. Would have loved to be an 18 year old lad at the time and gone on the crazy journey.

I was eight at the time and still remember the big moments - Platt v Belgium, Lineker v Cameroon and all of the West Germany match.

Edited by Hugh Jass

53 minutes ago, jyoung said:

ROI vs Denmark, Northern Ireland vs Switzerland, Croatia vs Greece,  Sweden vs Italy.

Could have been worse for both but Northern Ireland have the bigger fight on their hands with the Swiss.

About the best draw we could've got. Denmark are the weakest of the 4 and we have the 2nd leg at home. 

We'll still lose

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was eight at the time and still remember the big moments - Platt v Belgium, Lineker v Cameroon and all of the West Germany match.

The difference about that England side compared to virtually any England team since was they just never knew when they were beaten. 

We were second best for the majority of the games against Belgium and Cameroon but you just knew they would get the job done. 

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They're in the relegation zone on 6 points from a possible 24. Agree they haven't disgraced themselves at all but the owners seem to just look at the league table. 

But the 4 games they've lost were to arsenal, man utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. And it was close in a lot of those matches. Seems like the league table is all the owners have looked at.