Football 17/18

TheGayTent

PFA team of the year. I'd probably have gone for Sané over Agüero. I've seen shouts for Mee, Ward and Tarkowski but it's hard see where they'd fit. I do think Monreal has been superb this season and by far Arsenal's best player, although it's understandably become a little lost as their season has been poor in the Prem. 

_100826651_getimage.png

13 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

PFA team of the year. I'd probably have gone for Sané over Agüero. I've seen shouts for Mee, Ward and Tarkowski but it's hard see where they'd fit. I do think Monreal has been superb this season and by far Arsenal's best player, although it's understandably become a little lost as their season has been poor in the Prem. 

_100826651_getimage.png

I would feel sorry for the centre backs in that line up!

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

Why is he fortunate to get the head coaches job at Fleetwood?

A league one head coach gig for someone currently serving a ban in football is a great gig, he courts controversy wherever he goes and appears to be very difficult to manage. Gotta admire him though. 

Just now, Retro P said:

A league one head coach gig for someone currently serving a ban in football is a great gig, he courts controversy wherever he goes and appears to be very difficult to manage. Gotta admire him though. 

The ban is for a defined period of time and then he is free to do what he wants. There are loads of other ex premiership players who have got a job at a similar level, it doesnt seem that out of line to me.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

because his bessie mate is manager, i think.

(I might be wrong, but I read something the other day about a mate of his who was a manager trying to tempt him to the club - I forget which club now, tho).

I've read his book and he mentioned how he nearly signed to play for them before because of this reason, so you're right.

He's dead keen on coaching btw.

On 18/04/2018 at 11:27 AM, The Nal said:

Fantastic. Going to be a superstar in the US.

Well he sort of is already. 

I can't be the only person to think Zlatan is a knobhead?

I get confidence in players, even arrogance when you're that good - but he takes it to the next level. I've never seen Messi or Ronaldo take out a spread in a newspaper saying "you're welcome" to their clubs. At first I thought he was just on the wind up a few years ago but have slowly come to realise he genuinely thinks he's the second coming of Christ.

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I can't be the only person to think Zlatan is a knobhead?

I get confidence in players, even arrogance when you're that good - but he takes it to the next level. I've never seen Messi or Ronaldo take out a spread in a newspaper saying "you're welcome" to their clubs. At first I thought he was just on the wind up a few years ago but have slowly come to realise he genuinely thinks he's the second coming of Christ.

Thats the appeal! He'll be massive in America as a result. They love all that. Look at Conor McGregor.

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

What about Eden Hazard's big hyping fiasco declaring on which day he "announced" which Prem club he'd move to?

Also, Mourinho's done exactly the same thing multiple times. Personally, I think Zlatan manages to grab a hint of charm in his ego, much like Cantona did.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

What about Eden Hazard's big hyping fiasco declaring on which day he "announced" which Prem club he'd move to?

Also, Mourinho's done exactly the same thing multiple times. Personally, I think Zlatan manages to grab a hint of charm in his ego, much like Cantona did.

This would be my view on Zlatan. I remember seeing an interview when he was comparing himself with a lion. He could hardly keep a straight face.

As Nal says, the yanks will lap it up.

I thought the advert was quite funny. Ronaldo going taps aff straight after his pen the other week. They’re all a bunch of posers :-)

Think it was Inter Milan through the week that had the players Instagram names on the back of the shirts.  The games gone :-)

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Footballers are probably the dullest species of sportsmen. I think Zlatan adds something a bit different.

Yeah that seems about right for me. How many players do you stay tuned for their after match interview these days.

They all read from the same Comms Team prepared script and share credit with their team mates. That`s why I laughed at the " you`re welcome " stunt.

Saw a nice vid earlier of Pep thanking the whole Man City team ( way more staff than just the players ) for their part this season.

My City supporting mate sent me it but I`ve no idea how to post it on here. The Pep fella does seem to have a bit of class.

It’s the unoriginal nicknames footballers give each other these days that irks me, just a shite abbreviation of their names. Listening to an Andy Robertson interview the other week when he’s talking about “chambo, milly and hendo” made me weep with sadness. Where’s your psychos, choppers and One Size Fitz Hall theee days??

Zlatan just makes me smile, he’s the one true showman of football. 

7 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yeah that seems about right for me. How many players do you stay tuned for their after match interview these days.

They all read from the same Comms Team prepared script and share credit with their team mates. That`s why I laughed at the " you`re welcome " stunt.

Saw a nice vid earlier of Pep thanking the whole Man City team ( way more staff than just the players ) for their part this season.

My City supporting mate sent me it but I`ve no idea how to post it on here. The Pep fella does seem to have a bit of class.

I dont know whether its an obligation for players to do media work, it is in the NFL - Welcome to Marshawn Lynch.