Football 17/18

TheGayTent

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Give City 4 more goals tonight and they are still out. That’s on them, not the officials 

If only football worked like that hey? I’m not concerned who went through, but face facts though lliverpool had the run of the green over 2 legs, you can’t argue with that can you? 

I am a United fan and had the run of the green for 20 years, Liverpool has decisions go for them which more than helped. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I’m not concerned who went through, but face facts though lliverpool had the run of the green over 2 legs, you can’t argue with that can you? 

No and I wouldn’t even try. Luck will always come into it, but it’s not the soul or even main reason by a long shot. City not doing what they are capable of doing, in the 180 mins given to them to do it, is. (Oh and the Pool doing what they did when they did also :) )

Edited by ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Give City 4 more goals tonight and they are still out. That’s on them, not the officials 

As much as I'd like to fully agree, the timing of bad decisions can often mean more than the quantity of bad decisions.

As a neutral I'm please Liverpool got through though (I realise that statement seems contradictory) - I enjoy their style of football far more, its always nice seeing a team that throws money at problems come up short, and I have a huge man crush on Klopp.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sane’s goal should have stood, came off Milner. Not a single mention from the BT commentary team, really pisses me off when commentators don’t actually know the rules.

I was watching/listening to a stream from Fox Sports.

According to their commentators - said constantly after the event (not just once) , including half time and after the match - it was offside because "Milner didn't deliberately play the ball backwards".

That's a new one on me.

And now we know why USA football is shit. :lol:

(sadly, going by the accents, one of their match commentators/pundits was a brit, who agreed with their made up rules :wacko: ).

10 hours ago, lost said:

I'm watching NBC in the states and the commentators correctly pointed out it should of stood. They put ours to shame,  I remember being over for USA 1994 when none of them knew the rules.

See above, about Fox Sports. :lol:

(as for the '94 world cup, a mate of mine lived in California then, and went to a number of matches ... that were ruined by European peeps explaining the rules and every decision to their know-nothing yank mates who asked for every decision to be explained)

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Neil Warnock: "you’d think Villa had won the World Cup the way they celebrated at the end." 

149433.1480370946.gif

Did the same against Wolves last week? He's cracking under the pressure. They're still right up there with a game in hand and could be back in the automatic spot but they've seen the gap shorten recently. Much rather Fulham come up tbh.