Football 17/18

TheGayTent

3rd time at wembley with Shrewsbury, 3rd loss, my dads 4th and 4th loss, i hate wembley, the trip home is the worst, seeing the other half of the stadium celeberate is the worst. even if its just the checkatrade trophy this had me the most down. If we played our game we would have won, but we let them bully us and let them play their game, didnt turn up at all.

hate it!

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

3rd time at wembley with Shrewsbury, 3rd loss, my dads 4th and 4th loss, i hate wembley, the trip home is the worst, seeing the other half of the stadium celeberate is the worst. even if its just the checkatrade trophy this had me the most down. If we played our game we would have won, but we let them bully us and let them play their game, didnt turn up at all.

hate it!

I feel your pain. I’m also 3 defeats outa 3 at Wembley :-(

Agree about the trip home !

Just think about how you’ll feel when you win :-)

#itsthehopethatkillsyou

Cracking stadium though.

14 minutes ago, pryce said:

hate it!

Since I moved to Shropshire, Shrewsbury are my local club and they could be back at Wembley next month in the play off final. 

Hopefully a better day then. 

I always think that about going to a final/to Wembley.

I've been to two finals (Johnston's Paint Trophy at Cardiff and League One play offs at Wembley) and thankfully we've won both, but it must feel horrendous to go there and lose. One of my best friends at the time, who's a Leeds fan, was on the opposing side when we won at Wembley and he was absolutely gutted.

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Good work from his agent to get a paper to even think about running that bollocks.

When I saw it at first I thought it was an April Fools article I had not come across in the last week. Then I thought it must be some strange tactic by LFC to see if they can trick Utd into resigning him. 

4 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I feel your pain. I’m also 3 defeats outa 3 at Wembley :-(

Agree about the trip home !

Just think about how you’ll feel when you win :-)

#itsthehopethatkillsyou

Cracking stadium though.

I’ve been twice to see West Brom - a play off final and an FA Cup semi.

Lost both 1-0.

21 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Chelsea and him have definitely run their course. Both seem bored of each other. For once I imagine this will ACTUALLY be a departure by mutual agreement 

Don't think so. If its mutual he isn't going to get that pay off.

A lot of the fans are being massive wimps about it and calling for him to leave immediately, which I find rather pointless.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Don't think so. If its mutual he isn't going to get that pay off.

A lot of the fans are being massive wimps about it and calling for him to leave immediately, which I find rather pointless.

He definitely wants to leave, would he stay another year just for the extra payday?

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Round two tonight then. Keep it clean, lads!

Trying to think when was the last time LFC performed/achieved when expected to?

:mellow:

Fascinating encounter ahead. Can't see a scenario where City fail to win, its just going to be a matter of by how much. 4-0 seems unlikely.

13 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Trying to think when was the last time LFC performed/achieved when expected to?

:mellow:

Fascinating encounter ahead. Can't see a scenario where City fail to win, its just going to be a matter of by how much. 4-0 seems unlikely.

Would be a miracle. Or would it? Theyve put 8 past Liverpool in 2 league games this season. And Liverpool have scored 7 against them in the last 2 meetings. City have lost their last two. Wounded animal or deflated balloon?

Fascinating game tonight.  I think Liverpool will score though.

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Would be a miracle. Or would it? Theyve put 8 past Liverpool in 2 league games this season. And Liverpool have scored 7 against them in the last 2 meetings. City have lost their last two. Wounded animal or deflated balloon?

Fascinating game tonight.  I think Liverpool will score though.

The first league game Liverpool lost their head and that just allowed the score to inflate, which shouldn't happen so much in a knockout game. They could still do that, but van Dijk seems to have calmed them down a lot defensively.

Still nervous though.

I don't think City will boss it because you'd bank on Liverpool to score and should that happen, I can see City starting to scrap and risk more, leaving themselves open to danger.

Anyway, it promises to be a fascinating encounter for the neautral again. Interestingly, the odds of City to qualify are about the same as the odds of Liverpool winning the game. Both around 5/1.

55 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

4-0 seems unlikely.

Just looking at City's results this season.

They've won by (at least) 4 goals against:-
Leicester
Bournemouth
Swansea
Stoke
Palace
Watford
 ... and ... ummmm .... Liverpool.

They've also beaten Spurs 4-1 at the council house.

Unlikely tonight? Not so sure.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Leicester
Bournemouth
Swansea
Stoke
Palace
Watford

Scored 4 against Napoli in Naples, 4 away to Basel, 4 away to Feyenoord. 

Last two results aside they're still the best team in the league but it'll be interesting to see how they react after last week. 6 goals conceded in two games. They must be shitting themselves. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Leicester
Bournemouth
Swansea
Stoke
Palace
Watford

All good points but how may times have Liverpool let in 3 or more without scoring themselves? Think it's only been once but (of course) that was against City. Worth noting though that only 1 of the back 4 and goalie is set to start today.

Mignolet was in goal, centre back pairing of Klavan and Matip plus Moreno being Moreno. Only likely to see Trent today. 

Nerves are still shot like, City are more than capable of pulling it off.