Football 17/18

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Liverpool fans are generally considered as the worst though.

I don’t think they’re the worst, and I don’t think there generally considered the worst either. I do think they’re often the most hypocritical though. 

56 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I don’t think they’re the worst, and I don’t think there generally considered the worst either. I do think they’re often the most hypocritical though. 

Lot of truth here. 

Claiming LFC fans the worst can be filed alongside shittakes like “Maureen plays good ball.”

Big Sam's football is terrible. Despite that we probably should of put one of those two chances away. Liverpool look half the team they are normally without Salah. That may give City a bit of hope for the 2nd leg.

Edited by lost

46 minutes ago, lost said:

Big Sam's football is terrible. Despite that we probably should of put one of those two chances away. Liverpool look half the team they are normally without Salah. That may give City a bit of hope for the 2nd leg.

Salah was never gonna be risked today. Very much a second string Liverpool team which won't impact Tuesday. 

Think I'd keep Pickford, Coleman, Tosun from that starting eleven and maybe Walcott. Add in Gueye and Sigurdsson. Keep DLC, Davis, Kenny and Baningime as youngsters and clear out the rest.

There has been an absolute fortune wasted this year.

Oh and Lookman if he wants to come back. Can't blame him if he doesn't

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

The ref had a pisspoor game yesterday, just shit. 

Still, City have to look at themselves before looking to piss and moan about shit decisions again. They should have had the game well wrapped up by half time; and their capitulation is just as much to blame in that second half as the Utd change in style/approach and “Pogba magic”. 

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

De Gea is undoubtedly a great keeper. However does anyone else think that the commentators go a bit OTT about some of the saves he makes?

Pundits going over the top, Of course they do. 

For  example comparing Salah with Ronaldo and Messi, saying city are the best premier team ever etc etc. 

personally think De Gea could be better in different areas of his game, certainly organising his defence which is not existent. 

Talking about pundits, Souness wasn’t to happy was he? :lol:

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Pundits going over the top, Of course they do. 

For  example comparing Salah with Ronaldo and Messi, saying city are the best premier team ever etc etc. 

I think with De Gea it stands out more to me because of his individual moments rather than his goalkeeping as a whole. Even a standard tip over the bar is now world class athleticism!

On 07/04/2018 at 2:35 PM, lost said:

Liverpool look half the team they are normally without Salah. That may give City a bit of hope for the 2nd leg.

Liverpool do tend to look half the team when they don’t play half the team... if you can’t beat a Liverpool team with Klavan at left back, a right back who hasn’t played for a year and two strikers up top - neither of whom have scored a PL goal since 2015 - I would begin to worry if you’ll ever win a derby again!