Football 17/18

TheGayTent

The coach welcome has happened a lot before and gone without incident. Was always about the home coach and not the away one. However something changed...

Personally I think the social media fuss about it before definitely attracted some idiots to it. The weird/STUPID social media flyer someone made creates a fuss, made it less organic, attracted some extra idiots and the fears then were self perpetuating. 

Where I was as they passed it was genuinely very good natured and I had no idea there was any incident until I saw a tweet at half time. That said, there were some people around who had definitely had some ale for some time, stumbled across the gathering and were on the edge. The coaches being about an hour later than on that flyer also meant some were getting angsty  

I have no idea why they changed the route last minute for both coaches either. Would have made a lot more sense to send the home coach in the normal way and reroute the away coach. You could have easily police the minority who would have gone after it that way. Instead they were lost in the crowd. Not the polices fault of course, but remember thinking it wasn’t the best solution at the time 

Edited by strummer77

32 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

The coach welcome has happened a lot before and gone without incident. Was always about the home coach and not the away one. However something changed...

Personally I think the social media fuss about it before definitely attracted some idiots to it. The weird/STUPID social media flyer someone made creates a fuss, made it less organic, attracted some extra idiots and the fears then were self perpetuating. 

Where I was as they passed it was genuinely very good natured and I had no idea there was any incident until I saw a tweet at half time. That said, there were some people around who had definitely had some ale for some time, stumbled across the gathering and were on the edge. The coaches being about an hour later than on that flyer also meant some were getting angsty  

I have no idea why they changed the route last minute for both coaches either. Would have made a lot more sense to send the home coach in the normal way and reroute the away coach. You could have easily police the minority who would have gone after it that way. Instead they were lost in the crowd. Not the polices fault of course, but remember thinking it wasn’t the best solution at the time 

The Scousers did exactly the same in 2014. This is nothing new them behaving like thugs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10764428/Manchester-City-fans-shocked-and-shaken-after-alleged-attack-by-Liverpool-supporters.html

22 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The Scousers did exactly the same in 2014. This is nothing new them behaving like thugs.

There’s idiots everywhere. But wouldn’t try and act like this is some regular thing. Reckon most of the time the home crowd are as placid as they come. The fuss over this particular welcome pregame made something happen which doesn’t normally happen. In fact I think against Villarreal a couple of years back half the crowd booed the home coach by mistake...

As I saw it was stupid to publicise it like someone took it upon themselves to do. 

It was reckless and stupid of those that turned up and caused trouble, it was stupid if more copied. But let’s not make out this is an epidemic. Digging up a story from four years ago probably doesn’t change that either  

Edited by strummer77

53 minutes ago, eastynh said:

And just remembered City fans threw advertising hoardings at police/Wigan fans when they lost a few weeks back... almost like it’s a general issue rather game liverpool?

Edited by strummer77

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

And just remembered City fans theee advertising hoardings at police/Wigan fans when they lost a few weeks back... 

The world is 3çfull of idiots. Bit different though considering the Wigan fans ran on the pitch then started throwing things at the City fans first.

That is a world away from a planned and pre-meditated assault.

I was sooooooo disappointed after the match on Wednesday that I had no interest in tomorrows game. No it is upon us, the juices are starting to flow. Shame I will be in work for it but nothing I can do about that.

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Easty there’s vids on this thread of thuggery from City fans. I can post vids of your fans fucking cans at an opposing teams coach also. Wind your neck in you blert, yer embarrassing.

Opposing team coach? 

28 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Easty there’s vids on this thread of thuggery from City fans. I can post vids of your fans fucking cans at an opposing teams coach also. Wind your neck in you blert, yer embarrassing.

Just seen a video. It is absolutely disgusting and I can no longer take the moral high ground. 

Just now, thetime said:

Lfc fans are trying to justify premeditated hooliganism by saying well other fans have done the same(only not premeditated) so it's OK then. 

Dont you just love Liverpool fans. 

I'm no Liverpool fan, my main objection was any link to Hillsborough. If a Bradford fan tried to set fire to someone, I wouldn't think they should know better because of the Bradford fire disaster, I would think they should know better because of the common knowledge that arson is wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Lfc fans are trying to justify premeditated hooliganism by saying well other fans have done the same(only not premeditated) so it's OK then. 

Dont you just love Liverpool fans. 

Oh do shut up. Of course we're not. We're just trying to stop some of the faux outrage, especially from one City fan who was willfully ignoring his own side. 

Those that threw stuff were stupid and should e banned. End of.

On 4/5/2018 at 4:47 PM, thetime said:

That says more about the arrogance of Liverpool supporters.

liverpool being known as victims has squiddly squad about hillsborough. A bit like now where your lot are turning this discussion into something it’s not. Like I said always playing the victim card. #heysel #suarez

By the way the 'victim' reputation (and song) has EVERYTHING to do with Hillsborough. It was a slur used (albeit alongside Heysel) to talk about the disaster.

The song may have been sparked by the Suarez furore, but it clearly has the disaster as a convenient subtext for many. Let's not pretend thousands of United fans don't know this. 

Have a look on your own forums ffs (link below from a very simple google). There's a fair number of decent United fans who know the score about the "always the victims" spiel. They point out that whilst the chant for some may be about Suarez etc it tends to get its regular airings around the Hillsborough anniversary/when it's in the news. That ain't a coincidence. Whatever the song was, for many it is clearly now about what happened in Sheffield.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/always-the-victim-chant.369250/

Come on mate, have a read of the above and a rethink. You're better than this.

Edited by strummer77

8 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Oh do shut up. Of course we're not. We're just trying to stop some of the faux outrage, especially from one City fan who was willfully ignoring his own side. 

Those that threw stuff were stupid and should e banned. End of.

By the way the 'victim' reputation (and song) has EVERYTHING to do with Hillsborough. It was a slur used (albeit alongside Heysel) to talk about the disaster.

The song may have been sparked by the Suarez furore, but it clearly has the disaster as a convenient subtext for many. Let's not pretend thousands of United fans don't know this. 

Have a look on your own forums ffs (link below from a very simple google). There's a fair number of decent United fans who know the score about the "always the victims" spiel. They point out that whilst the chant for some may be about Suarez etc it tends to get its regular airings around the Hillsborough anniversary/when it's in the news. That ain't a coincidence. Whatever the song was, for many it is clearly now about what happened in Sheffield.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/always-the-victim-chant.369250/

Come on mate, have a read of the above and a rethink. You're better than this.

Great post - respect to Pink above also - however it is wasted on these trolls.

For the record, again, the scum that threw bottles at the bus should get lifebans and be prosecuted. Two **LFC** fans were injured FFS. It was rank idiocy.

On the fans front, there’s not a team on the planet who don’t carry their fair share of eejits.

Our charge for the title is meaning we’re taking about 3 Times the usual away support. Our game today will have both sets of fans in the one stand. Our young team tanked up will no doubt cause grief and be on the pitch if we score. 

Sadly, there is no moral high ground to be taken by any club as it only takes one idiot.

Our club have been sending out strong clear messages all week as we are due a fine for the on the pitch stuff. Come this afternoon, it won’t make a jot of difference.