Football 17/18

TheGayTent

12 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Amazing Moany seemingly didn’t think much of him and KDB at Chelski , arguably the two best footballers in the league 

Bit harsh that. We were winning games and trophies without them and had strong attacking players. Obviously they've gone on to out perform them all with the exception of maybe Hazard but still. Timing is key. Big Rom is the only one that we should have played at the time. 

Edited by jyoung

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Salah will go nowhere this summer. 

Like Coutinho wasn't leaving in January. 

Never underestimate how dirty these Spanish clubs can get when they really want a player. Madrid fans aren't going to tolerate finishing 15 points behind Barca and then not going in for him and risking Barca signing him instead. Next season Ronaldo is 34, Bale is 29, Benzema is 31. 

I do hope I'm wrong though. 

Mourinho really went off on one last night didn't he? Poor Luke Shaw crying into his cornflakes this morning. 

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Next season Ronaldo is 34, Bale is 29, Benzema is 31. 

I do hope I'm wrong though. 

Mourinho really went off on one last night didn't he? Poor Luke Shaw crying into his cornflakes this morning. 

Ramos and Modric too. They're gonna need some 'galactic' reinforcements sooner or later thats for sure. Feel sorry for Luke Shaw. The lad definitely needs a move.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Like Coutinho wasn't leaving in January. 

I think it's a completely different situation. The player is happy at the club, settled in the area and not making any suggestions otherwise. By all accounts, he is quite humble, and whilst Liverpool will need to rejig his contract so he is in-line with the top earners, I just can't see him at Madrid/PSG (only two realistically who he could go to) in the immanent future. 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think it's a completely different situation. The player is happy at the club, settled in the area and not making any suggestions otherwise. By all accounts, he is quite humble, and whilst Liverpool will need to rejig his contract so he is in-line with the top earners, I just can't see him at Madrid/PSG (only two realistically who he could go to) in the immanent future. 

I think RM want hazard or Kane this summer. will prob get hazard. 

Can’t see Salah moving on this summer, would need another top quality season for that to happen.

you got to hand it to Liverpool they know how to find, develop and sell on for huge profit. Although that must start to grate with Liverpool fans as it stops there development in winning trophies. 

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I can't see Madrid going for Kane unless he has a great world cup. I can't see them paying the fee spurs would ask for a player who isn't a "huge name" and hasnt set the champions league or international football alight 

Not a lot of top quality strikers around. Harry Kane is definitely one of those and is very young

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Not a lot of top quality strikers around. Harry Kane is definitely one of those and is very young

I wouldn’t call 24 very young in modern football. I would call Mbappe a very young footballer.

In terms of quality if your judging on premiership goals then he meets that criteria. However I think Madrid and their fans would look at other criteria. He hasn’t made a huge impact at champions league or international level, his goals haven’t led spurs to trophies, he doesn’t have that definitive game like Bale against inter.

On top of that he is not a commercial brand, has only ever scored prolific for one team and I assume he doesn’t speak Spanish. I think there are plenty of reasons not to gamble close to a world record fee. I think if you look at things from a Real fan perspective instead of a regular premiership viewer he isn’t a player that  has massive appeal. Of course that all changes if he has a great World Cup.

My guess is that Reals main target is Neymar and they won’t spend huge on another forward, unless the World Cup changes everything.