Football 17/18

TheGayTent

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Newcastle v Southampton and Huddersfield v Swansea are both bigger games tomorrow.

Much more riding on them than the battle of the Plastic Percys.

If Newcastle don't pick up 6 points from the next 2 (Southampton and Huddersfield both at home) then they're in big trouble.

Nervous time as a fan.

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

If Newcastle don't pick up 6 points from the next 2 (Southampton and Huddersfield both at home) then they're in big trouble.

Nervous time as a fan.

Kinder run in than most though. Chelsea on the last day isn't a game you need to pick up points in though!

8 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Need maximum off those 2 and WBA then a draw here and there we'll be safe. Hopefully that's what happens.

No way do we need 10 points from 9 games. I think 36 will probably be the benchmark this season, particularly with our GD beating everyone involved except Southampton. 7 points with our run in should be comfortably doable. A win tomorrow would give us a lot of breathing room though. 

I think we've got good times to play teams as well. Everton/Watford/Leicester all have nothing to play for, or shouldn't by the time we play them. Those 3 away games will be a lot easier than they would have two months ago. There's at least 6 games we can hope for a result in. Just need to hope we actually finish a couple of them off. 

Also worth mentioning we've got a trip to Spurs at some point, it's just not had the rescheduled time officially confirmed. Not that we'll get any points there!

15 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

No way do we need 10 points from 9 games. I think 36 will probably be the benchmark this season, particularly with our GD beating everyone involved except Southampton. 7 points with our run in should be comfortably doable. A win tomorrow would give us a lot of breathing room though. 

I think we've got good times to play teams as well. Everton/Watford/Leicester all have nothing to play for, or shouldn't by the time we play them. Those 3 away games will be a lot easier than they would have two months ago. There's at least 6 games we can hope for a result in. Just need to hope we actually finish a couple of them off. 

Also worth mentioning we've got a trip to Spurs at some point, it's just not had the rescheduled time officially confirmed. Not that we'll get any points there!

I just don't want it going to the wire again, I can't take it.

4 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Think it’ll be higher than 36 myself, 38-40. Every team apart from us still looks capable of picking up a win or two.

I reckon for the foreseeable, the biggest games of the domestic  season will feature Manc city.

For sure, Liverpool and Manc Utd will be in them but everyone is also rans while City are streets ahead.

For me, games lose something when the points are to “only” secure a 2nd,3rd,4th finish.

See tomorrow’s  old firm game for example. First time in years that Gers fans are going with a belief that 3 points “could” lead to a genuine title race. Has added a real edge.

Anywayz, biggest game of the season so far is clearly today’s Ayr Raith top of the table clash in the mud. Must win for Ayr. Canny wait :-)

25 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The empty seats at City’s stadium week in week out kinda devalue the “biggest game” speculation.

Theres nothing riding on today’s game - bar the 11 Utd players in the Joezaybus.

Re empty seats ( if that’s a thing at city ) I’d go with the ....if you build it they will come...theory.

Im not knocking your theory on today’s game being a biggie by the way. We’re meeting in a pub with sky specifically which we don’t do every week.

Got Pool to win Btts down on coupon so probs nil nil.

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think it’ll be higher than 36 myself, 38-40. Every team apart from us still looks capable of picking up a win or two.

I think this is one of those seasons where 2 of the teams who go down will feel unlucky, and 2 of the teams who stay up won't deserve to.