Football 17/18

TheGayTent

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Actually felt sorry for Woy last night. They would've finished in 13th place if they won. Don't deserve to go down. 

They won’t I don’t think - of all the teams down there they have the kindest fixture list remaining 

35 minutes ago, mjsell said:

The first time a mourinho PL side has won a game from a 2 goal deficit. 

Is it? Christ. 

3 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

They won’t I don’t think - of all the teams down there they have the kindest fixture list remaining 

Still have Chelsea and Liverpool but kind apart from those two yeah.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I hate United v Liverpool matches, all you hear and read for days before and after is tedious arguments between the plastics of Surrey and the plastics of Dublin.

pick one of these, now:-

1. bored the game to death
2. tried to kick the others off the park
3. diving / easy falling-over
4. red card

Funnily enough, that list is quite one-sided. :lol:

Can’t see Chelsea getting through now. They needed a better result in the first leg.

United will be fine provided they score first.

European football perfectly summed up by that Spurs/Juve tie. Spurs were on top for about 140 of the 180 minutes. Juve have the knowhow to get the job done.

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Can’t see Chelsea getting through now. They needed a better result in the first leg.

European football perfectly summed up by that Spurs/Juve tie. Spurs were on top for about 140 of the 180 minutes. Juve have the knowhow to get the job done.

Also for the talk (not from me) that Kane is the best forward in the world. I think if you have the best forward in the world you win that tie. I still find him lacking in the big games 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Juve could've been 3-1 up in the first leg though. Missed a peno at 2-1. Spurs were lucky in that regard.  

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

A lot of people probably agree with you. Wouldn't necessarily say we needed a better result though. Obviously 1-0 would have been a great advantage to take to Spain but I don't think we have to rely on that. At the same time I know getting anything from the game will not be remotely easy. If Conte plays Hazard in the false nine again with no forward up front, we will have to perform the system much better than we did against Manchester United and Manchester City as it just wasn't good enough. I'd like to see Giroud on the pitch as a focal point but Conte doesn't seem to shift tactics often so. Barcelona will play the only way they know how, so we know what to expect there. Tactically we will have to be 100% to get through. A single mistake as in the first game will see us lose. As I said, the odds probably aren't in our favour but they haven't been in the past. We'll see.