Football 17/18

TheGayTent

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

At best this is a totally genuine mistake by the Everton lad. Would be ok only he pushed the Liverpool player into the fucking stand prior to the incident and has made no reference to it since. A very simple "It appears I misinterpreted the portuguese phrase used. I now move on." would suffice.

At worst its malicious. He should get an equal ban to that which RF would be subject. The BBCSport twitter account last night stated Bobby would "avoid disciplinary action". Unacceptable inference here.

There is another possibility and that is that Holgate still genuinely believes he has been racially abused and doesn’t accept the result of the investigation. An investigation is not always a perfect way of finding the truth, but I think it’s the best way we have.

31 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

There is another possibility and that is that Holgate still genuinely believes he has been racially abused and doesn’t accept the result of the investigation. An investigation is not always a perfect way of finding the truth, but I think it’s the best way we have.

That was my first suggestion above, yes.

Suarez was roundly castigated for protesting his innocence in an equally arbitrary "investigation". The FA should renounce their role here unless prepared to offer firm support on both sides from the outset. The outcome of this "investigation" is fuzzy and inconclusive. Don't take the case on lads unless you can protect the good name of the person accused as profoundly as you would protect the name of the accuser. Make it a police matter.

8 hours ago, mjsell said:

didnt see the game but I assume Arsenal played terribly - would have predicted that easily. 

Potter becomes the 6th English manager to win at the Emirates. Its quite the esteemed list. 

He's got quite a record, brought them up from the fourth tier to wins over Galatasaray, PAOK, Hertha Berlin, now Arsenal, and a decent draw against Athletic Bilbso in their first European campaign. Really quite remarkable.

More than qualified for a championship job.

5 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

cannot kill games off. Apparently Shelvey missed a sitter and Bournemouth went and scored right after it.

It's so close!

We've been begging for a striker for 3 seasons. Injured loanee all we could get in the window.

And yeah, that Shelvey chance was glorious. He'd been brilliant up to that point in the game though.

14 hours ago, thetime said:

Liverpool giving disgusting abuse to a player who got racist abuse from one of there players, then they want sympathy over the Firminho/holgate incident.

Typical scousers no shame. 

I can't approve of what they did yesterday because of what it means when you follow it thru, and yet...

Chances are Evra would have got the same if the Suarez thing had never happened. It's not like ex-Utd players get a warm welcome at Anfield at any time, and Evra had added dickhead long before the Suarez thing.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Chances are Evra would have got the same if the Suarez thing had never happened. It's not like ex-Utd players get a warm welcome at Anfield at any time, and Evra had added dickhead long before the Suarez thing.

Your angle might have a bit of mileage if pretty much every abuse wasn’t connected to the Suarez/Evra incident. 

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

If the papers are to be believed, pogba will leave UTD if Jose is still manager at the summer

And De Gea wants the same wages as Alexis/Pogba at 300k a week

Good thing they're not to be believed then.

Coutinhos first Barca league goal last night. Couldn't be any more Coutinho.

Also this is great bantz

http://www.givemesport.com/1263804-fans-are-laughing-at-luis-suarezs-ridiculous-attempts-to-get-booked-during-barcelona-61-girona

Edited by The Nal