Football 17/18

TheGayTent

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Utd better squad, better manager :lol:, better fans etc. Having concerns about lowly LFC doesnt seem logical chief.

No matter how poor or good Liverpool are, they always beat us at Anfield. They are co inconsistent yet on their day, they are capable of getting a result against us. That forward 3 is frightening.

United are very poor. They can't even manage a shot against a decent team nevermind a goal. City would beat United quite easily over 2 legs. I think Liverpool will finish bove united this seson.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

when was the last time European clubs were picking up English scraps and not the cream..? :P

Sancho is hardly scraps. There is a reason the German clubs are trying to get the young English talent and that is because they are the best in the world at their ages. There are bargains to be had in England.

32 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No matter how poor or good Liverpool are, they always beat us at Anfield. They are co inconsistent yet on their day, they are capable of getting a result against us. That forward 3 is frightening.

United are very poor. They can't even manage a shot against a decent team nevermind a goal. City would beat United quite easily over 2 legs. I think Liverpool will finish bove united this seson.

It would be interesting to see Utd drawn against City in the next round. Think its City's year all told - putting out the bauld Maureen en route to the CL title would be fitting. And amusing.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If it emerges that whoever took it had been drinking then they should be kicked out of the club immediately.

As mentioned before, drink driving makes my blood boil. If that is the case then what an absolute state of a lad, doing it on a training camp?! Ridiculous. You'd think they'd be keeping their heads down and working hard to salvage anything they possibly can. All sorts going on at WBA atm... Makes for strange viewing.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

As mentioned before, drink driving makes my blood boil. If that is the case then what an absolute state of a lad, doing it on a training camp?! Ridiculous. You'd think they'd be keeping their heads down and working hard to salvage anything they possibly can. All sorts going on at WBA atm... Makes for strange viewing.

We are imploding quite spectacularly at the moment.

33 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I don't really disagree, but there's more than one way to improve a team and allowing them to let their hair down might be one way.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't really disagree, but there's more than one way to improve a team and allowing them to let their hair down might be one way.

Conte gave the players three days off recently, that's a chance to have a break and come back stronger.

Is a warm weather training camp supposed to be a chance to let your hair down though?

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i've no idea, but i do know they can't train 16 hours a day.

Letting their hair down is fine. Go out, see the sights, have some food, have a couple of beers, all fine - no complaints at all with any of that, they're only human after all. But acting like a twat at 5.30 in the morning when you're supposed to be representing your club isn't really on.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Letting their hair down is fine. Go out, see the sights, have some food, have a couple of beers, all fine - no complaints at all with any of that, they're only human after all. But acting like a twat at 5.30 in the morning when you're supposed to be representing your club isn't really on.

i doubt the plan was for them to act like twats. :P

But it might have been to let them get twatted. There's more than one way to build a team.

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i doubt the plan was for them to act like twats. :P

But it might have been to let them get twatted. There's more than one way to build a team.

Indeed, but 5.30 in the morning less than 36 hours before a Cup game which is the only decent thing left about your season might not be best time for team building.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Sancho is hardly scraps. There is a reason the German clubs are trying to get the young English talent and that is because they are the best in the world at their ages. There are bargains to be had in England.

I think that reasoning is debatable. I think a bigger reason is it is harder for them to get first team football in England.