Football 17/18

TheGayTent

58 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

It’s only Liverpool that lose to the 20th team. Been like that for 15 years.

Utter bollocks. Everyone just remembers when their own team does it more than when it happens to other teams.

I remember, back when Newcastle weren't a relegation threatened team and Derby took 4 of their 11 points against us. 3 seasons in a row where a 18-20th place Sunderland got a Derby win then survived off a spree following it.

I'm pretty sure City lost to one of the teams that got relegated in the season they had their first Prem win in ages. Man U had an amusing habit of losing to Fulham for about 4 years.

Arsenal fans moaned about this for years, Spurs fans, Everton under Moyes were reputed for taking points off the big boys in the 2nd half of the season but they didn't consistently finish top 5 because they lost/drew to relegated teams earlier in the season.

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

How much was Van Dijk again?! :blink:

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Cracking assist, what more do you want?

after his debut it had to happen.

Just as after beating City they were always going to get beat by the bottom team.

A better question is what value do you think mercenary man is going to be in 4 years time at £400k a week? I can see that one being regretted, cos he doesn't have a great rep of remaining focused.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

after his debut it had to happen.

Just as after beating City they were always going to get beat by the bottom team.

A better question is what value do you think mercenary man is going to be in 4 years time at £400k a week? I can see that one being regretted, cos he doesn't have a great rep of remaining focused.

Does the cost really matter too man utd? I don't get the impressed that the investment in Sanchez means they can't recruit elsewher.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Does the cost really matter too man utd? I don't get the impressed that the investment in Sanchez means they can't recruit elsewher.

Most the UTD fans i know arent too happy about it. He is clearly talented, but also a massive diva. Hope Rashford/lukaku/pogba are happy being shouted at by pouty alexis if things go wrong...

Also means big was increases elsewhere in the squad...

Edited by zahidf

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Does the cost really matter too man utd?

I'm sure they can work the finances to afford it, but who do you know who likes to piss money up the wall? :P

When they've already got one non-player on similar money I'm sure they don't want another ... and especially when that situation will cause ructions over wages with the playing players.

PS: isn't it funny how his love for Manc moved across the city so quickly...? :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It’s pretty similar to RVP apart from the 24m we paid for him. Same age, high wages and questionable attitude if you  prefer to go down that route.

RVP one great season, 2 seasons sulking and then shipped on. 400k a week isn’t a lot in comparison to say perhaps what Liverpool spend on the 75m defender. United have one of the least percentage  being spent  based on turnover.

With united’s signing failures of the last 4 or 5 seasons, all they’re bothered about is a signing being successful. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm sure they can work the finances to afford it, but who do you know who likes to piss money up the wall? :P

hen they've already got one non-player on similar money I'm sure they don't want another ... and especially when that situation will cause ructions over wages with the playing players.

Did zlatan cause ructions about his wage? It’s media led nonsense. For example Sanchez was about to sign and they write about pogba not being happy about Sanchez wages. 

Media led bull shit. 

Just now, thetime said:

Did zlatan cause ructions about his wage? It’s media led nonsense. For example Sanchez was about to sign and they write about pogba not being happy about Sanchez wages. 

Media led bull shit. 

zlatan is on the way out and he knows it. He couldn't kick-off and get a rise.

And it's one thing the other players accepting zlatan's wage - he's a true global superstar, almost in the beckham league - while Sanchez is an often-flakey often-sulking often-unfocused player without anything like the same rep.

(at his best Sanchez is great, just to make that clear. He just doesn't tend to stay at his best).

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

because he has a history of not working out as well as hoped-for when signed.

I realise there's not many options at Sanchez's level, but there's bound to b safer options.

He’s was a great signing for Arsenal, do you not think he’s been excellent at Arsenal? He’s been one of the best players in the premier league for the past 3 years. 

Seems to be an ideal Jose signing, works hard with quality to go with it. Like I said before, no guarantees as united signings usually turn out to be lemons. 

39 minutes ago, thetime said:

Cracking assist, what more do you want?

He gave away the corner too with a wild hack on his left foot. He looked like Chris Smalling last night. 

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No, you'd love for that one being regretted. Thats because hes been playing for Arsenal! But he still scored 30 goals last season. Its a great signing. 

As Time says though, may not work out but its a hugely positive signing. 

20 minutes ago, thetime said:

Media led bull shit. 

Is that rubbish?

Lukaku and Pogba have the same agent. Do you really think they will be ok with being paid 150k less a week?

Just now, The Nal said:

No, you'd love for that one being regretted. Thats because hes been playing for Arsenal! But he still scored 30 goals last season. Its a great signing. 

As Time says though, may not work out but its a hugely positive signing. 

I'm not knocking the signing itself. It could be a great signing, if Utd meet Sanchez's hopes.

It was more about the extremely high cost of him, for what to-date has been a flakey player who sulks if things aren't going great *AND* pisses off his teammates.

btw, according to the graun, Mkhitaryan was on Utd's books at £37M. :lol:

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Bad news for West Ham

Hernandez wants out too.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11219111/javier-hernandez-open-to-move-away-from-west-ham-says-forwards-agent

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not knocking the signing itself. It could be a great signing, if Utd meet Sanchez's hopes.

It was more about the extremely high cost of him, for what to-date has been a flakey player who sulks if things aren't going great *AND* pisses off his teammates.

btw, according to the graun, Mkhitaryan was on Utd's books at £37M. :lol:

Madness for a 29 year old whos been just ok. Hes much more of an Arsenal player than a Utd player though. Could do well there. 

Edited by The Nal